The skype thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Anonymous Dude, Apr 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous Dude

Anonymous Dude Well-Known Member

Skype is a free voice chat program which you can download here. All you need is a microphone/headset to speak.

I noticed on the Social anxiety forum they had a nice skype group who talked to each other about their problems and helped each other overcome their phone shyness. I think it could also work for the depressed or lonely. If things work out people can have conferences or just get to know each other better one on one.

Just leave your skype username in here so people can add you.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

A few of us Skype together and your right Anon it can be a great help and support. So grab your headsets peeps and get talking to each other:biggrin:

3. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Many people from here already have my skype-addy-thingymajigger and I've had quite a few conferences also.

It's really helped me getting over my shyness on the phone. For me it was always so hard, because AND I am naturally shy when I'm on the phone with people, especially the first time, AND I am dutch so English isn't my first language.
    But having had quite a few conferences as well as one on one calls, I've gotten over the shyness. Well at least I'm not insecure about my English anymore. I guess I'll always be shy when talking to people the first few times.

Meh okay on to my addy:
    didorianknight

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I had skype for a while but I felt no one would want to talk to me so I got rid of it. Got it back now tho and my username is purplesocks88

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I love purple socks res. So love your skype name :)

6. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

My Skype is so obvious, I don't even need to put it :laugh:

7. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Mine is smurfyjayne :)

8. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I'm really 'technostupid' so must ask: is it like having a separate phone number? I'd like to talk to my sister over in the U.A.E. on skype but haven't the faintest idea how to go about it. Don't yet have mic or headset either. Can someone explain it to me... and REALLY dumb it down so I can understand it. Like step by step making a skype call.

thanks

least

9. Sa Palomera

10. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

In basic terms Skype is a programme you install on your computer. You need a mic to be able to speak. Skype is free but obviously you need internet connection to be able to connect.

If both people have a mic and internet connection and have installed skype then you can talk for free for as long as you like. All you need to buy is a mic really and they don't cost much :smile:

Check out this for a desription of what it is :wink: http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/

Ps. our lil skype convos rock Terry :biggrin: :wootrock:

11. Anonymous Dude

Anonymous Dude Well-Known Member

Skype used to be free to call all US and Canada phone numbers, but starting in 07 they started charging money for it. :(

12. FoReVeR LoSt

FoReVeR LoSt Well-Known Member

i'm too shy to give mine out, so good luck trying to find me

13. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

haha i'll give ya Samy's :biggrin:

yeh she be shy on skype :tongue: i think i was the one who made her get it lol :hiding:

14. Sa Palomera

oh she's not THAT shy on Skype hehehe :tongue: eh, Samy? :tongue:

15. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

i don't think i wanna know >.<

16. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

My skype is in my profile. :)

17. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

Okay, apparently it's not that obvious :laugh: