The slippery slope

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by cole624, Jun 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cole624

cole624 Member

i havent cut in a couple years. thursday i was beyond upset-absolutely livid. i punched a wall and my knuckle split open. it was the same high, the same hypnotism when i saw the blood. the thought of "i did this to myself, i went against nature and hurt myself" last night it was a friends 21st birthday so of course we were all plastered somebody broke a lightbulb, i volunteered to clean it up, and when noone was looking i slid a piece of glass across the length of my forearm. i did it lightly so i didnt think i would bleed, but i did, and i loved it, i blamed the alcohol for making me clumsy and they bought it (although that was also probably half true) i have a problem i guess

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

The fact about self harm is that it is a choice. Something done in the heat of the moment may not be a choice (like punching a wall) but you see there is a problem and you are choosing to engage in unsafe behaviours. You can also choose to stop. This does not have to be a slippery slope. It happened - it reminded you of old feelings - so you need to remind yourself why you CHOSE not to harm yourself in a couple of years. You have control over this - let this become just a couple of aberrations rather than a new pattern.

Stay safe :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.