The spirit within

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by itmahanh, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Do you believe in spirits or "ghosts"? That after one leaves this life that your spirit returns or is somewhere that you can still watch over those you love? I do and that is why I know I will still "be there" to watch over and see my children as they grow and enjoy their lives once I have passed. And at the risk of being seen as coocoo I believe I have had several encounters with those I have loved and lost. So what do you think? Comforting thought or just crazy hopes?

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Sounds comforting. It is a nice thought.
    But I wonder why you have to be in some other place as a spirit watching them grow old rather than a person here on Earth doing it.

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Carla. I believe that when we die, our spirits leave our bodies and go where were it's supposed to go, possibly an astral world. But if we die when we're not supposed to die then our spirits linger around here on earth and continue where we left off in life. I like to also think that we can watch over our loved ones after we pass away, but I wouldn't want to be trapped here. Please reconsider your suicide plans. :hug:

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I too believe that, in the case of unfinished business (whether that be staying around for a loved one or something else), spirits of the deceased stick around and can make themselves known to people around them should they choose to do so.

5. Sammakko...

Sammakko... Guest

Things have happend... I do not believe that kind of thigs at all but they were really funny accidents ! My gm did not leave me without saying good bye.

6. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I like the idea of something after death but in truth I don't I belive that when I close my eyes for the last time that's it I cease to exist in any form or spirt.

7. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I was raised Roman Catholic but I no longer have even the slightest hope of having a spirit and continuing on in some form of an afterlife. Having a conscious spirit in the afterlife would just be a continuation of this mortal hell because I would witness the decades of misery I've inflicted on my loved ones. :sad:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.