The stages Of a rational suicidal person

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by hecte, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hecte

hecte Active Member

The Stages Of A Rationa Suicidal Person

Stage 1.

Person goes through deep depression. Person withdrawls from friends family. Shuts off socially for the most part. You feel as though your problem is overwhelming and nobody has experienced it and nobody understands or cares.

Stage 2.

Person becomes daring. I call it Invoulantary suicide. The person wants to die but is not yet willing to do it themselves. The person may drive recklessly or do stunts they wouldnt normally feel comfortable doing. Drinking heavily may also come into play.

Stage 3.

Attention suicide attempt. The person feels as though they want to die and is willing to test the water a bit. This stage is usually a "cry for help" as they call it. The person wants to live but doesnt quite know how to solve the problems they are dealing with to go on living.

Now most rational people follow this order of stages and DO NOT go beyond the third stage (Exceptions being people who try stage 3 more than once.)
    Irrational people however continue on to stage 4 or skip all the stages all together and kill themselves out of the blue.

Stage 4. (DEATH)

Real attempt. Via <Mod Edit: Methods>. and thats about it for real attempts sorry. Pretty hard to surrvive after one of these attempts.

Now after describing these stages id like to go into further detail about stage 3. Most people after stage 3 fall into 2 categories, Those who continue the cycle of stages, and those who get better. People who get better dont bother talking about their attempt its considered an imbarrassing time in their lives. They usually block out the memory and go on living a normal life. People who continue the cycle of stages memorialize the attempt, they talk about it often, and they never forget their depression. Any traumatic event or drastic change in their lives will throw them right back in the cycle.

People in the second category (If thats you) Need to get anti depressants.
    Alot of people that come to this forum are rational suicidal people. They wont ever make it past the third stage. Its great that you have a place to discuss your problems but Please stop being over dramatic about what your going to do to solve them. "Im gonna kill myself tonight" "Its over" "Dont care anymore"
    im tired of seeing these posts!

You came to these forums seeking help whether you intended to or not so how about you discuss RESOLUTIONS!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2007
  2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

These "stages" for me have been kinda similar in some ways...

I don't like this snippet, words like "need" and "ever" are silly. You're just making out there generalisations.
    What you don't understand is that every single person is different and no two people's "problem/s" are the same, nor easily defined.
    You can't tell these people they HAVE to go on meds!
    Nor can you say they wont EVER move on from a "stage".
    I totally agree, it drives me crazy, but people like the attention, as you previously stated..

3. $MyName

$MyName Well-Known Member

Some people NEED the attention, in my opinion. I can understand that, as their problem may be something to do with a lack of love or attention through their lives, and this is a way to get a little.

There are other sections where problems are to be discussed and help sorted, it's not like everyone comes here to tell people they're going to kill themself...

4. baofu

baofu Active Member

Don't you think its kinda reckless to post this?
    I would talk a lot more but it would seem kinda stupid and arrogant form my part, so I just wanted to say that.

5. oddjob

oddjob New Member

Have you ever thought that some people are already on anti-depressants when they get to stage 3?

Anti-depressants should never be seen as the absolute cure for depression or suicide

6. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

Yeah this is true, for all you know those people actually WILL kill themselves and Im sure some actually go through with it.

7. geolab101

geolab101 Well-Known Member

i'd be at stage 3.

and i don't care that you're mad at people for being melodramatic when you really don't know how serious their problems are or how good their coping mechanisms are. some people snap easier than others, you should realize that.

8. dreamwarrior

dreamwarrior Active Member

i went to stage 3/4, then 2, and now who knows

9. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

I'm not entirely sure what the point of this thread is, to be honest..

If you want to rant about how you think all posts here are melodramatic, then this thread'll be moved to the Soap Box on your say-so, so people can debate about it.

Just because you've never felt like you're going to attempt / have an overwhelming desire to die etc, doesn't mean that others haven't - hence the posts you see from time to time, saying that they're going to attempt etc.
    Seeing as none of us can get into others' minds, no-one can say that anyone else is being 'over dramatic' or 'melodramatic' - this may be how they're feeling: very close to the edge.

Allow them to express it, if they feel the need.

10. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

Abacus said what was on my mind so can only :agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

This post worries me as it might just prevent someone from feeling its alright to say here what is going through or felt inside and keep it to itself making things worse...........

So...... soap box

11. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Will move this to the Soap Box now.

12. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Same here..

13. Lucie

Lucie Well-Known Member

I have never taken anti depressants, even through my lowest points because I thought how can a pill make my problems go away?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.