• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

The strangle hold of depression

So so tired

When my husband was alive ,he was a fine artist and along with music,art was his passion.
I have recently taken up drawing myself mainly as a distraction but i find that it helps to express my feelings.I normally surf the net for inspiration and have drawn some cute things but some very dark stuff too.As well as drawings,I look at quotes and came across this one which i thought was very true to life.
Im sure you may have seen it before but just wanted to share anyway.
I hope thats ok

I am depression.
I am the emptiness you feel at 2am
The tears with no meaning
The pain when you smile
I dont come alone,I bring my closest friends.
We are the scars that cover your body.
The voice you despise but soon learn trust.
I am the only thing you feel.

I am sure that this is very relatable to us all.I really do feel sad that we are in this dark place and wish to send virtual hugs and strength to you all.*hugxx

Dante

SF Supporter
I had never heard that poem before, but yea, I could relate to that, the 2nd half mostly in the past, the first half pretty much my life. Having a bottle of something late at night is always a 50/50 for me, it could be a nice indulgence at the end of a day, or it could end up just me trying to drown the pain which I STILL cant fully shake or explain, I bring this up because I poured myself a glass of this lovely toffee vodka lacquer and I'm only 3rd glass. :)

As I've said on another forum post though, Pain can be a good thing, it can make us better people, we may suffer, but we can be proud that of the people suffering on here, most are above average on the kindness and selflessness scale.

SamIAm

When my husband was alive ,he was a fine artist and along with music,art was his passion.
I have recently taken up drawing myself mainly as a distraction but i find that it helps to express my feelings.I normally surf the net for inspiration and have drawn some cute things but some very dark stuff too.As well as drawings,I look at quotes and came across this one which i thought was very true to life.
I hope thats ok

I am depression.
The pain when you smile

I am sure that this is very relatable to us all.I really do feel sad that we are in this dark place and wish to send virtual hugs and strength to you all.*hugxx
I can relate. Who in this world hasn’t felt this way at one time or another?? Hang in there So so tired. You’re not alone either.

I hope thats ok

I am depression.
The pain when you smile

I feel like my life is going to waste. I dont want my disability.

Im sorry you are grieving. It isnt so much depression that we cannot escape but rather a depressing reality.

SamIAm

I hope thats ok

I am depression.
The pain when you smile

I have recently taken up drawing myself mainly as a distraction but i find that it helps to express my feelings.I normally surf the net for inspiration and have drawn some cute things but some very dark stuff too.As well as drawings,I look at quotes and came across this one which i thought was
I hope thats ok

I am depression.
The pain when you smile

I’m hoping we can see some of your drawings if you ever feel up to it. And I’m glad you found a way to express your feelings. You are an amazing person!

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00