The Sugar Experiment

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Israel Regardie, Jul 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Israel Regardie

Israel Regardie Active Member

So, after googling a while I remembered back to about four years ago when I, for a performance art piece, only ate bread and drank water for three weeks.
    I remember being very stabile in mood, not happy-happy, but not said either.
    So this has lead me to decide to try, for at least one week, to cut out sugar more or less completely. I can't remove all sugar, don't think it would be healthy either, but will no longer have sugar in coffee, eat candy, no soda, etc.

Hope you will stay with me as I will post updates here.
    Love from Anr, Norway
  2. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Interesting! Be sure to keep us posted and tell us how you're doing with this! :hugtackles:
  3. Israel Regardie

Does anyone here have experience with this? Any helpful tips and hints?
    Should I look into carbs as well?
  4. Israel Regardie

Habit is a hell of an addiction... Ended up drinking two cups of coffee with plenty of sugar, a red bull and a candy bar without "realizing it"... Besides, hard for a depressed person to give up that regular boost...
    Have to try harder tomorrow!
  5. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Go go go!! We're rooting for ya'! :hugtackles:

Good luck tomorrow! :D
  6. AlienBeing

AlienBeing Well-Known Member

7. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

This reminds me of a study where they had people eat 6-12 peices of bread a day before deciding to eat anything else. It tended to make people a lot less hungry over time and it actually changed the way some of them felt.
  8. Israel Regardie

That's amazing. That reminds me of my interest in the primitivist lifestyle...

9. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

Woah, AnrBjotkRaikjovskji! That excerpt you just shared with us makes me interested in the primitivist lifestyle too! Fascinating! :D

Kudos for sharing that with us. :hug:
  10. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

I ate a lot of chocolate or candy.

I could eat two 200 gram bars - that is is 200 grams of sugar!

Since stopping that - cutting out completely any chocolate - I wish I was dead!!!!

Actually, I lie - I feel a bit better for sure.
  11. Israel Regardie

Thank you. I should mention that that particular quote is from the Unabomber... But there are many other writers about the subject who never killed anyone. PM me for more info, I have a blog about the subject too. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps me out of a depression bout.
  12. Speedy

Speedy Staff Alumni

PMed :)

Glad this topic (it's so profound! :D) sometimes can help you feel somewhat better. :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.