• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

The Sugar Experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, after googling a while I remembered back to about four years ago when I, for a performance art piece, only ate bread and drank water for three weeks.
I remember being very stabile in mood, not happy-happy, but not said either.
So this has lead me to decide to try, for at least one week, to cut out sugar more or less completely. I can't remove all sugar, don't think it would be healthy either, but will no longer have sugar in coffee, eat candy, no soda, etc.

Hope you will stay with me as I will post updates here.
Love from Anr, Norway

Habit is a hell of an addiction... Ended up drinking two cups of coffee with plenty of sugar, a red bull and a candy bar without "realizing it"... Besides, hard for a depressed person to give up that regular boost...
Have to try harder tomorrow!

houseofcards

This reminds me of a study where they had people eat 6-12 peices of bread a day before deciding to eat anything else. It tended to make people a lot less hungry over time and it actually changed the way some of them felt.

This reminds me of a study where they had people eat 6-12 peices of bread a day before deciding to eat anything else. It tended to make people a lot less hungry over time and it actually changed the way some of them felt.
That's amazing. That reminds me of my interest in the primitivist lifestyle...

Consider the hypothetical case of a man who can have anything he
wants just by wishing for it. Such a man has power, but he will
develop serious psychological problems. At first he will have a lot of
fun, but by and by he will become acutely bored and demoralized.
Eventually he may become clinically depressed. History shows that
leisured aristocracies tend to become decadent. This is not true of
fighting aristocracies that have to struggle to maintain their power.
But leisured, secure aristocracies that have no need to exert
themselves usually become bored, hedonistic and demoralized, even
though they have power. This shows that power is not enough. One must
have goals toward which to exercise one's power (...)
Thus, in order to avoid serious psychological problems, a human
being needs goals whose attainment requires effort, and he must have a
reasonable rate of success in attaining his goals. - From Industrial Civilization and its future

Speedy

Staff Alumni
Woah, AnrBjotkRaikjovskji! That excerpt you just shared with us makes me interested in the primitivist lifestyle too! Fascinating! :D

Kudos for sharing that with us. :hug:

peacelovingguy

I ate a lot of chocolate or candy.

I could eat two 200 gram bars - that is is 200 grams of sugar!

Since stopping that - cutting out completely any chocolate - I wish I was dead!!!!

Actually, I lie - I feel a bit better for sure.

Woah, AnrBjotkRaikjovskji! That excerpt you just shared with us makes me interested in the primitivist lifestyle too! Fascinating! :D

Kudos for sharing that with us. :hug:
Thank you. I should mention that that particular quote is from the Unabomber... But there are many other writers about the subject who never killed anyone. PM me for more info, I have a blog about the subject too. Sometimes it's the only thing that helps me out of a depression bout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00