The Sun always shines, The Sky is always blue

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by endgame01, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endgame01

endgame01 Member

I had a revelation this week about the nature of us and the way we perceive the world.
    The recent days had been stormy, the days grey and gloomy, with rainclouds and hail. But I noticed through the clouds a small patch of blue sky.
    I realised that above these storm clouds the sun must always shine brightly.
    Astronauts in space always see the Earth as a beautiful blue lit by a brilliant yellow sun.

If we could rise above the Earth and clouds, we could cast away the grey gloom, and see the Earth as always azure blue with brilliant sunshine.
    The oppressive clouds must pass by eventually.
    The grey and the rain and the gloom are transient. The blue and the sunlight are constant.

Don't know if these thoughts are a sign of the start of recovery, or simply my sensitive nature coming out. I have reading some recent threads, and they all seem to reflect that us depressed people seem more spiritual than most, and see the world differently than others!
    This is clearly both a blessing and a curse.

2. Landlocked blues

Landlocked blues Well-Known Member

This makes me smile :smile:

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think see things in a different perspective does help one heal some It is a beautiful way to see the world you way take care.

4. flowingriver

flowingriver Well-Known Member

Endgame01, this is a beautiful and enduring insight. I hope I always remember that. The sun always shine, despite the gray clouds that darken our days sometimes. The more gifted among us are blessed with insights, but also are more likely to get depressed.
    You are right, it's because of their more spiritual nature of seeing things. *hugs*

5. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW
    I can see clearly now, the rain has gone;
    I can see all obstacles in my way.
    Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
    It’s going to be a bright, bright Sun-Shiny day.

I think I can make it now, the pain is gone;
    All of the bad feelings have disappeared.
    Here is the rainbow I’ve been praying for;
    It’s going to be a bright, bright Sunshiny day.

Look all around, there’s nothing but blue skies;
    Look straight ahead, nothing but blue.
    I can see clearly now, the rain has gone,
    I can see all obstacles in my way
    Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind;
    It’s going to be a bright, bright Sun-Shiny day.

Johnny Nash

From 'Words & Prayers of Comfort & Healing

6. Aquarius123

No need to be depressed about the state of our world

Dear Friends – we live in difficult and tumultuous times; only a fool would deny it. Isn’t it time for some almighty changes? Yet, the way I understand this life now, there is no need to be depressed about anything that is going on around us. For the vista to change all we need to do is lift our eyes above the clouds that to this day surround our world. Lo! It becomes an exciting and stimulating place with endless opportunities for learning and growing. The only thing one needs to share this vision is the willingness of looking beyond the ends of our noses and of reaching out towards the distant horizons of the highest level of life, where everything that is in this world and all others – including you and me – has its origin.

From ‘Healers and Healing’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

7. ingelosi

ingelosi Member

I saw the same thing the other weak but while i was feeling ok,and amazing blue circle shining through a grey and stormy sky, must have been a sign for someone else that day.

Hope they saw it too.

8. plates

plates Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful post. I've got to that stage in my life (I'm recovered in a way but suffer loads of crises as I'm recovering emotionally/mentally) and I live on earth, have my feet on the ground. For people who are severely chronically depressed, seeing blue sky can be transient. It used to be that way for years, myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2010
  9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi endgame. I also agree that it seems like 'depressed' people perceive the world in a more spiritual or enlightened manner than 'normal' people do. (I used quotations because I don't like generalizing people). And I like the analogy you used of the clouds clearing after a storm, comparing it the cloud of depression clearing from a person's mind.

I sometimes feel like an outsider looking in, because I'm not depressed or suicidal, though I do find it hard coping with the challenges that I'm faced with every day as a teacher. I came back here to help those who are suffering, because I've met some of the kindest, most caring people that I've ever met on any web-forum that I've been a member of.

After all, 'It can't rain all the time.' (The Crow)

10. Aquarius123

Making the most of a rainy day

Dear Friends – there is a great deal we can do to help ourselves into a better frame of mind. For example, making the most of a rainy day.

When you are getting up and it’s raining, don’t take one look outside and spoil your day by groaning: ‘What a miserable day! Act like the healer you are and open your window wide. Take a few deep breaths and savour the purified and cleansed air that’s coming in to greet you. Listen to the rain, enjoy the sound and know that the Earth and everything in her loving embrace is being cleansed, purified and healed. Should it be raining heavily, know that we and our world are in need of all the cleansing and healing the Universe sends us. Remember that It is infinitely wiser than you and I are ever likely to be, and make the most of whatever is on offer, on any day. Rest safely in the knowledge that there is a sound and wise reason for everything and remind yourself that those who look for the good can always find it, in everything.

If you can spare the time, put on some weatherproof clothes and footwear. Take an umbrella and go for a walk, ideally where you can be with some trees. You will then be able to feel and take part in their enjoyment of the blessing that is coming down from the heavens. Splash in some puddles, like a small child – your inner child is sure to love it! Listen to the drumming of the rain on your umbrella; it’s music of a very special kind. Stop every so often, breathe extra deeply and so consciously take part in the cleansing and healing of Mother Earth.

When the Sun comes out again, notice how everything looks bright, clean and refreshed. Know that the same is happening inside you and give thanks and praise to father Sun in the sky and mother Earth. Both are physical manifestations of our great and loving Mother/Father Creator, whose light shines upon and warms us all. Breathe in the golden healing prana that comes directly from the temple of healing in the heart of the Sun beyond the Sun, quietly affirming that this is what you are doing. Know that you are breathing in the love of God that comes down to the Earth, through the Sun in our sky, asking it to flow through you and from there into Mother Earth and all her kingdoms, to bless and to heal all life.

And at the end of each day, don’t forget to give thanks for the lovely and special day it has been for you.

From ‘Positive Thinking’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

11. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I've to say I relate to your posts here Aquarius123; not everything but the essentials without Mother, Father, God and the Universe. I believe in Earth mostly.

:cool: Nice posts.

12. Punk

Punk Well-Known Member

13. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Re: Making the most of a rainy day

Very well said Aquarius. In our busy lives, we don't take the time to appreciate the gifts that the earth has given us and the warmth of the sun. We should all try to see the beauty that exists in our world every now and then. :smile:

14. Aquarius123

The higher meaning of the Sun

Ah yes, the Sun. I wonder whether it has ever occurred to you to reflect on the higher meaning of the Sun and its purpose in our world. Here are a few of my astrological reflections on this theme:

The Sun is considered to be the giver of all life. In our birthcharts it shows in which direction our spirit and soul’s Highest Self and inner Spirit will be pulling us throughout the whole course of our present lifetime. The Sun’s sign and house position provide pointers to our main life lessons, as well as the qualities that are waiting to be integrated into our character on our soul’s slow and gradual way back into the wholeness and perfection that is in God. As a spark and an integral part of the Great Light, the spiritual Sun beyond the Sun in the sky above us, each one is a soul dedicated to a pathway of evolution. At all times, the Great Spirit inexorably draws each one of us forwards and upwards, inviting and calling us to come home and be at one with it again, the way all human souls once were.

While all this is happening, the Moon - represents the past, our soul and also our earthly personality - is trying to do its best to hold us back in the past. To avoid remaining trapped in matter overlong, it is essential that we learn to respond as much as possible to the guidance we constantly receive from within our own hearts, where our inner Sun and teacher dwells. The ongoing struggle, friction and disharmony of past ages between the two parts, represented by the Sun and the Moon, were painful for the individual and the collective soul of our world. This has resulted in great soul growth, so that at long last humankind has reached the evolutionary level when harmony between within and without, conscious and subconscious is meant to be worked on and established by us.

It is up to us to each one of us personally to make every effort to look back as little as possible, so that we may move forward, the way the living spirit within tells us to do. As one becomes more aware of oneself and one’s inner motivations, it is important to always bear in mind that everything we find within that is not to our liking can be and indeed is meant to be changed, by us. That is our task if we wish to make the spiritual progress that is potentially ours, for this lifetime. We are here to learn to rise above all inner obstacles and to overcome the problems we ourselves have created during this lifetime and many before. Because this is extremely difficult, it is every soul’s birthright to call for the help of God and the Angels. This, however, will and cannot come on its own, but has to be asked for. Whichever way one turns, can you see how the greatest tool any soul can wish for on its journey through life is awareness. Truly, it is the key to unlock all doors – especially the inner ones.

From ‘The Sun’

‘The Astro Files’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

15. Aquarius123

Thanks and God bless! Might I venture a guess that you were probably born into one of the Earth signs, i.e. Taurus, Virgo or Capricorn?

With love - Aquarius​

16. plates

plates Well-Known Member

No I'm a water sign (Pisces) but need to ground myself loads, so do everything to connect myself to earth/root myself, as I'm a dreamer :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010
  17. Aquarius123

Pisces - the idealistic dreamer

Hm, interesting! The best way of grounding yourself is by tuning into the sign that is in polar opposition to yours, Virgo, one of the Earth signs. If you wish to find a better understanding of the pathway through your present lifetime, you may find the following of interest:

PISCES – THE IDEALISTIC DREAMER

Souls who are strongly affected by Neptune’s energies and in particular Pisceans tend to be highly idealistic dreamers. Because they view their earthly existence through rose-tinted glasses, at least early on during their present lifetime, they usually have great difficulties coming to terms with this plane of life. During the Piscean Age this affected us individually and collectively. Yet, the disappointments, disenchantments and disillusionments that this kind of approach to life is bound to bring in the long run also serve a wise and higher purpose. They are certainly not meant to drive us into depressions and maybe even suicide. Quite the opposite is true; the soul’s disenchantment with life and people is meant to stir it into lifting its eyes to the higher and highest levels of life, to search for life’s purpose and meaning there. This expands our horizons into the realisation that the Earth is not our true home and that if we wish our idealistic dreams to be fulfilled, we must look elsewhere, namely towards our Creator and His/Her messengers, the Angels and ask for their help.

They are in charge of humankind and it is their task to encourage and coax every soul to move forward in life. We, in return, are required to give of our best and to concentrate on working with any gifts and talents that have been bestowed upon us by the Highest, so they can be used for the good of the whole. Developing any art or craft to the point of excellence may take a great many lifetimes of concentrated efforts. Always they were given to us for a specific purpose; that’s why it is unwise to neglect them, now. Alas, assessing one’s own abilities is extremely difficult wherever Jupiter and also Neptune are involved. Both their energies should always be handled with a considerable amount of caution and discrimination, as they all too easily lead the soul into self-deception and over-grandiose ideas, especially of our own and other people’s capabilities. Being aware that at times they can be somewhat gullible, wise Pisceans are constantly on their guard against people who try to deceive them and pull the wool over their eyes. Before ever signing any document they read all small print extra carefully.

As a result of the Piscean difficulties of clearly assessing their own true value, they usually have a deep hidden inferiority complex and an unhealthy sense of unworthiness that adds to their suffering. Somehow they never seem to be able to get rid of a nagging inner feeling that they are not doing enough. In their efforts at compensating for this in some way, they are always trying to do too much; they are then in danger of pushing their physical bodies too hard and neglecting its demands. If this is allowed to go unchecked for any length of time, they can make themselves seriously ill. At the other end of this spectrum lies a Piscean experience that can be an extremely self-indulgent one, in which the earthly self wallows and gets lost in its senses.

The crushing sense of worthlessness that plagues the Piscean is shared by its opposite sign, Virgo. Such feelings have their origin in the fact that, at the end of each one of the vast cycles of learning from our own experiences in all the signs of the zodiac, there comes the moment for every soul when – with the help of the wise ones in charge of us – we have confront every single one of the errors of our ways. This assessment takes place time and time again, until all earthly lessons have been thoroughly imbibed by us. Disappointed and tired of deluding itself and being cheated and lied to by others, of being hurt and wounded and doing the same to others, every soul eventually has to find its own inner way to God and gain the direct access that is every soul’s birthright. However many lifetimes of going round and round the whole zodiac this may take, we all get there eventually.

Before our Creator each one of us stands alone and when we become aware of the many times we have thus far broken God’s laws and sinned, we kneel in deep submission before our Divine Father/Mother. Faced with Its radiance and glory, we do indeed feel as nothing. All that is then left to us is praying for forgiveness for all the mistakes we ever made. Without hesitation this is granted because God knows only too well that each one of them merely represented a lesson, which in the end would lead us back home into the oneness with our Source.

From ‘The Sun in Pisces’

With love and light,
    Aquarius​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.