The sun is back up already?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Stewart

This is bullshit. It's only 6:20am. How do I tell the sun I'm not ready for it to be up right now and could it please go back down for another few hours, or days, or?

... I've been up since... umm, 11am, uh, whatever yesterday was.

peacelovingguy

Been there many a time - I guess if your young you might as well just stay awake till your bedtime later on.

Sometimes I'll be up very late - natural cycle I have - so I generally stay up at that point and have had hundreds of days with no sleep the night before. I find that after 36 hours awake - you might actually struggle to sleep sometimes. Never used meds to sleep myself as they are too powerful and leave you tired the next day - plus they lose effect after a while.

If your working - nothing much you can do apart from get a nice shower - drink lots of coffee, set yourself on auto pilot!

Mr Stewart

Not young anymore. Sleeping pills have never worked for me. I have delayed sleep phase syndrome. I was mad that the sun came up when I was perfectly happy with it being down. Too much brightness. Too much activity. 24 hour earth rotation is incompatible with me. 26 hour would be better. Maybe 27 even. Maybe no rotation so I can go live on the perma-dark side.

peacelovingguy

Ah, sounds like you need blackout curtains - try Amazon which have some that look quite nice - just like any other curtains. They actually block out even the midday sun - plus are good for keeping heat in when you warm the place in the winter.

Also stops some noise also.

You'd be amazed how even a bit of light affects sleep and these curtains block 99.9% of light - pretty much pitch black when they are closed!

Mr Stewart

I try not to avoid light during the day as lack of sunlight makes my sleeping even more erratic than usual. Right now I don't give a damn. I'll cut a piece of cardboard to slot into my bedroom window. Will consider the curtains for entire apartment in future.

I see you wrote this in the other thread:

Barely much point going to bed now - may as well get an early start at the shops and I got tons to do.

Maybe I should start a thread about staying up all night and staying up the next day also.
I envy your energy levels. I'm up at all hours but I have no energy or motivation to do anything. You're some kind of active go-getter type. This baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00