The T.V. was sending me mesages

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by humpty, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humpty

humpty Active Member

Last night I was watching a program on T.V. Cant remember what the program was.

But it was something like, we are living in an alternate reality something like the matrix and I had woken up out of myself, to see what was were all living in a fantasty world. Lots of instructions and things about my dad mum, and about me. What I should do, then it told me to go and outside into someplace public and shout. So I went outside, well didn't really shout because too shy.

I'd not been sleeping for two days before this happend and halved my venlefaxine to 75.

Classic case of phycosis or what?
    I'm so scared, and want to die but just can't do it.

I don't hear anything now, no voices or hallucinations.

Whats happening to me?

2. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Have you heard these voices and messages before?

3. humpty

humpty Active Member

no never before, was very very depressed and suicidal all the time. Was trying to find out the meaning of the universe and questioning everything I still am questioning my own thoughts and feelings all the time.

I suppose I'm going mad then. Will not tell anyone else because they will just lock me up in the nut house and fill me full of meds, and I don't want to hurt my family knowing they have a nutcase on their hands.

4. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

That seems to be quite a judgement to be making - that you're a 'going mad'..
    Perhaps the fact that if you were trying to find out the meaning of the universe, questioning everything as you say - could've caused these messages to appear to you?
    Also, depression and suicidal thoughts change us, they change the way we think.. Just because we think differently when depressed or suicidal, doesn't mean we're mad.
    Doctors are used to dealing with depression and suicidal feelings, and people who hear things too, I'm sure - the worst that'll happen is that you'll be given the once over from a psychiatrist, and that doesn't, by any means, mean that you'll be put into hospital.

5. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi humpty, i had a short psychotic episode, brought on by depression and not sleeping for 5 days... it went away once i caught up on sleep, still it was pretty scary.

anyhow, like abacus says, docs are used to this stuff and a good doc will listen sympathetically and then help you get some supports. even though i was acutely suicidal when i saw my doc, they didn't admit me. instead they just helped me learn how to heal from depression... here it is almost 5 months later and i'm no longer suicidal.

have you started sleeping again? how are your moods?

6. humpty

humpty Active Member

Slept maybe 8 hours I don't know I feel like im so withdrawn I can hardly get any words out and so confused.

At the moment I'm pretty stable mood wise, during the day my moods are complete despair with suicidal thoughts and urges, and anxiety.

My GP, is very nice, I'm seeing a phyciatrist too he's the one who put me on the medication. My next appointment is in a couple of months, so maybe I should tell him about it.

It wasn't really voices or anything more like everything that happened on the T.V. was directed at me somehow. The show was pretty disturbing, by the way. It dealt with a person who was a killer and he was a spit personality so, maybe that brought it on because it was very disturbing.

The shows were Waking the Dead on BBC1 and before that holby. lol

7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

If you hadn't slept for over 48 hours though, 8 hours isn't that much, so it's probably no surprise that you're confused and can't get any words out...

Well, in a way, it's good that your mood is stable, but not so good that you're feeling constantly suicidal and anxious. If it's any consolation, you can always come on here and post your thoughts away to your heart's content, and someone will always answer :)

It's good that your GP is nice and that you feel you can talk to your psychiatrist - as you say, perhaps it'd be an idea to talk to him/her about how you're feeling?

Ahh :laugh: - well, what I always find is that when I watch shows like that (which I admittedly love!) I always get a bit paranoid etc.. I always find that the plot or thoughts get into my mind somehow!
    As you say, maybe that's the reason why? :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.