The Therapist has left the building

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by CarolS, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarolS

CarolS New Member & Antiquities Friend

I went to see the therapist on tuesday and he was awesome and seemed to care. I sent up a second session and was feeling pretty good about maybe having a break through with this T.
    Now on thursday he calls and leaves a message telling me he contacted my insurance and he feels that I can't afford him. Guess the tears aren't going subside just yet, and I so thought that I might have found a place where a person with the issue(s) I have might get some resolution. Now I just feel like an ass. I should be used to it by now. I suppose I'll never be able to find help.
  2. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Hon the insurance mess (especially mental health benefits) has really messed up too many people. Good professionals who accept your benefits are out there so keep on trying. This therapist should have found this out though before your first appointment. Not finding out sooner and then needing to disappoint you after the appointment was cruel at best.
  3. cathyr

cathyr Member & Antiquities Friend

Sorry this happened to you. I agree, sounds very unprofessional and mean to me. Confused as to why the insurance was not verified before your 1st appointment. Couldnt they guy even give you a referral to someone else......sheesh! I'm sure there are other other therapists, who will accept your insurance, although I know it's disappointing when you meet one you seem to click with. There are also tdocs who will accept sliding scale depending on your income.
  4. CarolS

CarolS New Member & Antiquities Friend

I appreciate the kind words. I started Monday to search for a different therapist. I will find one that can and will help.
  5. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

^^ Hope it works oout, let us know. Shame these days it's become more of a $$$ thing with dealing with us that have problems, think years ago most therapists, etc. got into it to help others now it's become too much buisness like, affects too many who aren't working or have a low income.:huh:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.