The Thursday Cafe Is Open!!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Godsdrummer, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey everyone, The Thursday Cafe is open and today's special is Pride!!!

Yep it's Thursday here at SF.

So welcome everyone.

Instead of just random stuff, we have a thread for that "Random Chatterings", I thought maybe instead we could talk daily about things that affect our lives and our decisions. Especially as it relates to suicide, I mean that is why we are all here, right? I mean we either want to end it, or know someone who has?

So....I thought today we could explore, Pride.

Being proud and having pride in something isnt bad. I was proud the days on which my children were born.

I was proud the day I won first place in a drum solo contest.

Being proud or taking pride in something good isnt the kind of pride I was wanting to explore.

Rather I want to look at the dark side of pride.

I think (if we are going to look at what keeps us from being happy) that we should dive into the serious nature of pride.

You know the old, I don't give a damn what people think mentality and so on.

So...the topic is set, the coffee is hot, and the tables are clean!

Come on into the cafe!

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Too proud to ever go back and try again when you fail I fail at fitting in tried so hard but was told i screwed up Once i can forgive twice okay i can try again but after being knocked down again no my pride says enough. If they don't want me there then fine i don't care pride been hurt to many times treated like garbage so pride says the hell with it.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yep...I too was like that. Now I am my own man, and damn what other people think. I never did quite get the whole cliche thing although I tried for years to fit in.

4. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Good Morning Everyone!

5. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Afternoon all.
    I feel pretty awful today, I had a dream I was kidnapped along with my 10yr old nephew and about 5 other people I recognised but didn't know personally.
    It was the strangest thing and made me feel really powerless! I woke up with huge bags under my eyes, so I know I definitely didn't get a good nights sleep! lol.
    And I should be feeling good today. After all those weeks whining about not getting into college, I finally got on to a course yesterday. It's the first step at least.

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hmmm..

May I have a portion of french fries with curry sauce please?

7. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Damn! Story of my life, I get here and everyone's gone somewhere else.

Never mind, I'll just sit here and have those tequilas I missed out on yesterday.

8. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Coming right up!:sparkle:

9. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Sometimes I think I put too much stock in my pride and that's what I end up with; my pride and nothing else. It's a lonely place to be.

10. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

That's a really sad statement. What do you mean by pride here? (That's a serious question - I'm interested to know how you see pride.)

(btw can I buy you a tequila?)

11. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Do you need to put up a post, Chargette. BTW...Pride can be a sin.

But I am here for you. :hugtackles:

12. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I went home pissed and I got my salary from summer work by today's mail... It was less than I expected, and upon that, I got a letter about paying tax too (in Sweden, nearly HALF or even more of what you earn goes away as tax. Americans, don't say that your "tax" is high :p). I got even more pissed... Then my brother said that the tax-thingy wasn't accurate as I'm under age. I phoned someone and checked it, and he was right. Pew. That saved my day from getting even worse.
    Now I'm happier, I'm reading a magazine I bought today for the moment. Grandpa is doing okay, and tomorrow I only have two periods on my schedule as one has been cancelled.

13. Little_me

:hug:

14. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Hey everyone!!!

15. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Yay! I've been standing outside these doors all morning!! Coffee quick coffee NOW.

16. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Here ya go!

17. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

Thankyou. Hey your avatar has changed. Is that a good sign?

18. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Just getting into the Halloween mood!:biggrin:

19. Little_me

Oh my... It's Halloween soon! :O

I had a test in English at school today. Lol!!! As I know English better than my teacher.

20. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

So,who thinks I have the cutest avatar ever?! :biggrin:

btw Pete, I like your new av ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.