The time has come

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by shockedcanadian, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I want to say that in my short time here I have read many heartbreaking stories and I have also read from so many of you who try to persuade people to refrain from committing the act. I commend the work many of you do, you are the salt of the earth. When you have not succeeded it is not without your efforts, and you can be sure that countless have been saved just by reading the rationale of others.

My situation is unique as I have stated before, and really I do not have any options. Like a critical illness, my suffering will not go away nor improve, so I accept my fate even as I do not like it.

My question for you all is in regards to assisted suicide options. I have looked into suicide via a drug overdose and many of the responses I have heard here concern me if I am not successful.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2012
  2. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Re: The time has come...anyone know of any assisted suicide clinics?

Assisted suicide is murder and therefore it is illegal in most, if not all, civilized countries.
    When my son left us, the police even took from us his computer so they could look to see if anyone online had encouraged him. Had they, there would be been potential prosecutions.

3. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I know you are in immense pain, but no one here will give you such advice as it is against the rules.

4. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

There are always options.
    Only when you have tried EVERY form of therapy and every possible medication and combination of medication, for the proper amount of time, will the options be gone. I don't believe anyone can run through all of the available options even in a good long lifetime.
    Please pursue the options and seek wellness.

5. spidy

spidy Well-Known Member

Agreed ive seen people with illnesses that put them in alot of pain yet they find the good things in life and they fight and try different treatments.

6. yep

yep Well-Known Member

You must be feeling tired of trying to be alive and now have sort of decided you want to end your life to end your pain. Think that whatever your trouble is, you are not alone. We are here to support you, is not just you, we are all in the same fight for surviving.

7. Re: The time has come...anyone know of any assisted suicide clinics?

I appreciate the responses. However, I am not suffering from an illness, mental or physical. My situation involves employment/life interference from the security apparatus in Canada. I have tried unsuccessfully for ten years to attempt to clear my name and have my circumstances addressed to no avail; even entertaining a legal course as a last option. As I stated once before on here, I have no criminal record nor have I ever posed a threat to anyone...unless you have dealt with the establishment in Canada you would not understand the iron clad grip they have. It isn't like America where the rule of law and protection of democracy is paramount, this is about protecting those who harmed me.

At some point one gives up; and believe me I have TRIED with all of my will to trudge on, and I have done so precariously for many years, now I have lost faith in a country I love; in the system I expected to protect me. Our house is at a real risk of going into default and I simply do not want to continue the fight in life. I worked effortlessly so often in my life to help others through charity work and such, I am unable to help myself when I need it.

So that is the short end of it. It has been one very long battle, a constant struggle to maintain my dignity, something which has been difficult as I am a proud person. This site had been a last resort for me, I was in a difficult place a few months ago...the real stories on this site and advice given really gave me strength, it reinvigorated my faith in humans...ultimately we all know there is only so much any of us can do for another human being. To those who continue to fight and empower others, please continue this fight, it is invaluable.

8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Shocked, I was just having a similar conversation with a dear friend tonight...I have a neurological illness which might be degenerative; so few people have this illness that they do not know and she has a chronic illness...the question posed was where to find the mojo when a person feels so burned out...we decided that together we made 1 whole person so we would have to fight for each other...as I do not know the law in Canada, I cannot comment upon that, but I hope you find either someone to represent you again or something to do that does not entail the legal issues that encumber you..you are so much more important and valuable...and please, don't let them win...get angry...get even...but please do not give up

9. Blackbird33

Blackbird33 Well-Known Member

I didn't realize the police investigate to that length for a suicide. So in other words journals and such written could all potentially come out?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.