The tragic finale.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by chrix, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrix

chrix Member

I'm suicidal, and I accept this. If it wasn't for my fear of the unknown, i'd probably be jumping off the nearest cliff. I've recently started a notorious smoking habit because of the stress of being in school, the inability to love, the inability to have lasting friendships and the inability to achieve a more favorable balance in my life. I have an inferiority complex that is taking control of my life. I feel dumber, less intelligent, and less physically appealing to everyone else. The effexor drug doesn't seem to be working, so maybe I have to up my dose.

I don't know why I am sharing this, but I guess we are all in the same boat.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well I'm glad you are sharing. Trying to fight the pain and torment alone usually only tends to make it so much worse. So keep posting and sharing. And hold on to your fear. Use it to keep you safe until you find other resources and ways to change around the suicidal thoughts hun. Let them keep you safe until you dont have to accept being suicidal any longer.

3. chooselife

chooselife Well-Known Member

I had a HUGE inferiority complex when I was in my twenties. I also suffered with SAD Social Anxiety Disorder. My father made me feel like a piece of crap my entire life, so I eventually believed him, it.

One of the most terrifying incidences came about when I was forced to attend group therapy with about 15 other people sitting in a circle listening to me. Looking at me. I remember blushing like crazy, trembling, sweating, my heart palpatating. After a few sessions though I was over it.

I tried Klonopin for the anxiety but it made me feel even more depressed than I already was. Works for some, not for me. You should talk to your doctor about it. Good luck.

4. lost43215

lost43215 Well-Known Member

See what the doctor says... maybe it is time to up it, or maybe a diff drug? Sounds like just a lot of stress at once. Shouldnt feel less appealing or intelligent, dont generally degrade in those areas... just something to put into perspective.

Welcome to sf too.

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Chris, welcome to the forums. I am glad you posted, hope it helped to talk about it. How long have you been taking your medication? I know that they can take quite a while to kick in, if they don't seem to be working see your doctor again. Good luck :hug:

6. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to SF :)

Definitely see your doctor. It can take a few tries to find the right dose or medication. I take Effexor and at first I couldn't go above 37mg. It made me have more anxiety. In time I was able to go to the 75mg.

Keep posting, it will help a lot.

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I also take effexor and my pdoc has me at the highest dose..It has helped with my depression quite a bit..My only problem is I have a few other disorders that the meds aren't helping with.,.For the most part I am stable.. I still have my down times and I have SI everyday that I deal with..Off topic sorry.. Yes talk to your doctor and have your effexor adjusted..I hope it helps..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.