the truth about how insignificant we are

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Summer.Rain, Jan 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Summer.Rain

Summer.Rain Well-Known Member

I saw this show on National Geographic today about the vast univarse
    and they showed how small we are and how insignificant we are as planet
    and when you look at it, one human is just as important as the particle
    of dust under your chair, so why do we support each other?
    why do we fight to live when it dosnt even worth it?
    what is the point in saving once life? its not a lose when hes gone...
    why, while kids leaving their houses to start living on thair own its normal
    but when we decide we dont want to keep going then its wrong?
    Anyways my point is that us, our jobs, our country and all its problems
    and this whole planet is just insignificant as the dust on your floor.
    No one will notice of any change, no one will care, it wount effect anything
    it wount change anything, the only thing that will be effected is our relatives
    but then.. they are insignificant too.
    So why?! why suicide is bad?! why cant you honor the only wish i have???
    why do you want to save me from what i want?
    I dont want support! i want help to fulfill my wish!
    This world is not for me! if i will not die now, i will die after my parents will die
    because they supporting me and when thay will no longer do it ill have nothing to loose.

2. cinZamurai

cinZamurai Well-Known Member

3. HateMeToday

HateMeToday Active Member

4. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

Howdy Summer.Rain

Sparing the standard reply. - not pro-suicide, but not pro-life either

I can really relate to how your feeling - people don't understand when I tell them that it's all about the philosophy one adopts for their life (or death) not just 'mental illness' - that human beings in the long run will simply be annihilated so whats the point of going on when it doesn't matter in the end.

At times though I think I'll just live even though it's insignificant because dying is really really difficult and hurts (tried a ton of times) - if I live I need something that makes it worth while - something to keep me going - there is not much in that way out there but sometimes I get to laugh at people who are health nuts or scientists - they are trying to gain immortality through their actions (which is just an illusion, because somewhere along the line they simply disappear).

I chose a horrible delusion called reality which bites - most other people are 'happy' cause their delusional minds tell them life is good and everyone is well (minus the global poverty and famine, they block bad feelings with a veil of ignorance, which I unfortunately do not have). Life sucks - don't know if it helps or hurts (ignore my response if it seemed negative, things I say just come out that way sometimes).

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

We're anything but insignificant. We're small - but we're not insignificant. Look at everything we've done on [and to!] Earth, good and bad. We weigh a TRILLIONTH as much as the Earth, but we could sunder it into tiny little pieces if we wanted to. We can harness MASSIVE amounts of energy now, and within a few centuries we might be dealing with power on the level of the Sun, even though we're a millionth of a trillionth of the size of it. We're humanity, and scum though we are, we're damn fine engineers. :)

6. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

And when we die? Do we continue our ingenuity? Do we continue to think we matter? Or do we cease to experience a conscious mind, and become what can only be explained as nothing, and the ones that are left experiencing a conscious mind slowly forget us, or slowly wither with loneliness and longing, and eventually die as well and the only reason life isn't just a dream we forget upon waking up is because some of us (quite a few actually) are still in it.

I agree with OP. Life doesn't hold much of a point at its foundation. We survive to survive and thats about it. But that doesn't mean you cant try and be happy doing it.

7. Summer.Rain

Ok maybe if you are from the usa or uk then you can afford to be happy
    but lets say you are from Ukraine, a real shithole where you are forced
    to work 14 hours every day just so that you could afford renting an app
    with a room mate, and even then all you do is work, plus you work
    in a really shitty job that you hate because you dont have education
    and you cant find any normal job because of it.
    And plus that you have mental disorder that just blocks every single
    happy feeling you may have. now go survive and be happy with that :X

Life is not happy from the origin, even in the bible there is no description
    of happiness and they dont tell you how to be happy all thay do is
    tell you how to live so that you will go to heaven -_-

8. mystereo2099

mystereo2099 Well-Known Member

Bro I live in the US. I live in sunny Hawaii - yeah hot sun, blue water, beautiful ppl, grass shacks on the beach and surfers everywhere. You think where you live determines your happiness? You're wishing you're here, as I wish I were there. Heh afford to be happy, there's a concept. You can never have enough money - however much you get, it's never enough. You always need more money - the richest man in the world wishes he had more - that's the way it's designed. If you've got enough to buy food and shelter, I think you're rich.

Yeh life sucks and then you die, there is no real point. And if there was, there'd be no way to say "That's the point" and be certain about it. Might as well have some fun along the way though...

9. Summer.Rain

Im talking about the life quality - in hawaii your life quality is much higher
    then its in Ukraine, life quality can be easily measured by how long the population lives
    So if in hawaii people live average of 85 (lets say) years
    here in ukraine its 50!
    And if you as american can afford to buy a flight ticket to somewhere
    once in a while, here in ukraine you cant do it at all
    ukraine is just as poor as india and india is even richer (they got space program)

10. mystereo2099

mystereo2099 Well-Known Member

Yes, dicksizing our mounds of shit. My life sucks more than yours, so there! Heh the irony of it all -- at any rate there are lots of broke ppl where I live, it's not all Calvin Klein and Dolce and Gabbana (expensive clothing and lifestyle.) I happen to be broke as well, and I happen to have a rent payment coming up, which I won't be making. Hopefully I can find a job sometimes next month and maybe be able to move back into my old place w/past due rent. Anyways - we're all alone in our own shit. Gotta keep moving forward because if you stop for even a second you could slip.

One day at a time. Sorry to hear you've been down.

11. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

Thanks for the truth again - "one day at a time" I failed to do this one day at a time thing. About how insignificant we are in the grand scheme of things, it's not true. Perhaps our lives are, but we as a soul are not insignificant. Everyone has their place on Earth, just like animals do. Look at the beautiful animals, are they insignificant? No, they're just as important as any other animals and they have their own place here, they own the land of Earth just as much as humans do. Animals do not complain about their daily lives, they work hard to get their daily meals.

But humans are more complicated, there are more problems for us. For a start, there's mental problems such as depression, and others. Financial problems, relationships, and all other issues. And we question too much, because of our ego minds. We question about our purpose, the meaning of all this - what is the point?

The best is not to ask, but just be. Just like the animals, they don't question how they're going to get their food next year, or worry about what's going to happen next. They just be. They just trust their instinct, if there's a God, that's what they trust.

While I'm also suicidal and depressed, I've learnt that it's also because I haven't yet overcome my weaknesses and move on. There's a pride in me, and I'm not humble as I should be. I care too much about what others think about me. This is my weakness, and I have no clue how to fix it, except by one step at a time..

I hope you can find your strength and weaknesses, and to move on. No need to hang unto the past, just move on the future like a brave soldier willing to die for the future. No need to fear the future, it will be tough but show no fear. I should be like this too, but I'm not. I wish I tried to be.

12. MeAndYou

MeAndYou Well-Known Member

I dont think animals have the capacity to form such a conscious as humans are...cursed? blessed? with. So i think its fair to say as a result they dont have critical thinking skills and are pretty oblivious to ...most everything. Hence they dont measure time, think about their existance adn what it means if anything..and thats the difference between them and us. Other than that we all live through animal instinct which serves 1 single purpose- to help us survive (physically).

The best thing, i agree, is not to ask "what is the purpose." Ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately we werent given ignorance in this sense, we were given a longing for purpose, of which we have none as far as i can tell (all faiths and religious/spiritual beliefs aside).

13. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

If people were superior to animals they would take better care of the world. -- Whinne the Pooh

14. levitated-one

levitated-one Well-Known Member

lol we have so much responsibility. The animal kingdom is all based on food chains to make everything nice and done the way it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.