The unhelpable. Read and see! This will get no comments.

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by AlexDanish, Mar 31, 2009.

1. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

This is called, the "Alex gets fucked no matter what he does" triangle Hard to follow. But see.

I'm friends with Kathy, and her sister Jayce. And then with Dan and Richard. And then a girl named Alice, dating some guy.

If am friends with Jayce and talk to her. Kathy and Alice get mad. So if I talk to Kathy, Jayce gets pissed. Alice gets pissed at me no matter what I do, but if I talk to her, her boyfriend tells me to fuck off. Dan and Richard are friends with eachother through me, but if I'm not there they fight. I see a movie with Richard, Dan cant make it. He STILL bitches at me.

Moral of story:

Being nice FUCKS you over.
    You can't please EVERYONE or ANYONE
    You'll always end up being the failure in your friendships, even though your NOT they'll turn it on you.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

I've wondered alot about friendships too. Now, I'm a bit older than most on this site, so I've had some friends for 30 years. Some that I thought I had, just drifted away...slowly over the years.

Try and make some new ones. It may be as hard for you as it was for me...but I've already made a couple of friends here at this site. At this site, the 'friends' I refer to are people who I can count on to respond to me if I send them a pm. I only want a couple...the two or three I refer to know who they are and they are totally different people, yet I consider them friends (on my end anyway) because we share some common interests or because we can count on each other for help.

Like I said on another one of your threads: if you send me a pm I will respond and now that I know you a little, I'll resopnd to as many threads as possible. Sometimes it's also a matter of time zones. One of the people I can talk to is in the same time zone as I is 3 hours ahead...and one is 7 hours ahead. So sometimes it's a matter of hit and miss. If you respond, and we hit it off...I'll be up to four.
  3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Heya, AlexDanish. I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

I'm quite sure YOU are not a failure. Quite the opposite, in fact. You seem to be a good person who wants to be friends with the whole group and not play favorites. It sounds like your friends are possessive of you. Things like that can happen when the whole group knows each other quite well. Is it time to talk to them about how you like all of them, but when they play one against the other, you end up feeling badly?

Shades has a good point about making other friends as well. As we get older, perhaps we understand more about our own ability to give and about our own needs from friendships. Maybe that makes us more selective. I like shades' idea that you make some other new friends, too.

And you, know, you can pm me too, anytime you'd like, and I'll respond. (Again, as shades notes, the time difference could cause a wee lag.) :smile: