The Urge is Taking Over

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by not2serene, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. not2serene

not2serene Member

Really thinking about suicide tomorrow... have a plan & supplies. Tonight, I wrote out my wishes as far as burial & made provision for my cat. I was working on a project w/ someone...finished my part & got it all together for her.

I have a therapy appointment tomorrow. I want to be honest but don't think I can. I think I want help but yet I want to die. Last week, I decided to not make any more committments b/c I'd be free then to end it.

I'm scared...feel like I've lost control & this urge has taken over. It's all I can think about.
  2. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I understand urges, they've been my companions for years. My therapist says I can listen to any of the negative thoughts, just don't act on them. You're posting here, so that's really good

And you can post here all you want/need to about what's hurting your life - no criticism or judgement.

The truth is that we're just a bunch of people with similar issues, trying to help each other stay safe and make it through another day. I'd like for you to stick around, I think you've got some insights that would help me.

And if you prefer a one-one conversation PM (private message someone, and you can talk away from the public.

Take care, and please remember, you've already made a few friends here, I'm pretty sure you'll find some in your exact situation.
  3. iquotead

iquotead New Member

I know what that's like. I don't know you and this forum is very new to me, but I know I want you to stick around as well. Hang in there. Talk to us.
  4. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Please be honest with your therapist and keep talking here :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.