the vast difference in forums

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by ACRon, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

hello SF peeps again. I haven't posted here for foooookin ages. needless to say I'm still alive and well. I find there's still the usual gathering of complete mash heads, people prophesizing their own unique branch of ultimate faith and alchemists mastering their zen before they unleash it on the real world. Also the people who fail to co-exist with their own sexual identity, lol. you crack me up. morality is sooooo complicated.

I started posting here because i was going through some cold times and people here really helped me out on a lot of occasions. I don't profess to be half as intelligent as people who post on here, i've been on some 'other' forums that have ultimately saved my life though. forums that aren't so serious. forums that provide escapism from my own secluded cold brain. I never really answered the questions that plagued my existence, i just found people that make life a breeze.

my offer of debate in this post is small, it is this, and I'll leave this very open to criticism as to uphold the goodwill with which this post is intended;

Is debating the particulars of life the way forward, or would accepting your imperfection and getting on with it be a more sensible approach?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  2. Syd

Syd Guest

I think a little bit of both would be helpful. It's healthy to open up and discuss our interpretations and opinions of the world, though it should be done in a respectful and mature manner. Ideas can bring positive change to the world. Progression is possible when those of differing views are able to sacrifice some of their personal ideologies to find middle ground.

Accepting our flaws is equally important, and is also essential to the process of finding middle ground between issues and getting along with others. It takes a strong person to accept personal flaws and weaknesses, and to admit error when it occurs. It's important for us to realize we're only human, and not to let our egos get out of proportion, or set impossibly idealistic expectations on life.

Embracing what we can't change is important in order to enjoy living. People should approach debate with such an attitude too, we should focus on that which we can work with. When we've succeeded in improving our own lives as individuals, we may want to help others improve their lives as well. It takes a selfless and diplomatic approach, we must go against the grain a bit in accommodating for the diverse group of such discussions.

3. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.

yesterday i was walking home from town, there was a man in a wheelchair wearing a bright red jumper, both his legs were missing from about a foot down from his hips. he smiled at me so I asked if he was alright, blah blah blah. when i asked him how he lost his legs he just turned away for a while then turned back and went into a huge monologue about the war, it was really gruesome and weird to the point where I couldn't actually listen to it anymore.

The middle ground was basically that he lost his legs fighting for a country that fails to pay his bills now he's a crippled pensioner. where as I have complete use of my body because I never tried to be a superhero by going to iraq. I can't communicate with him anything but sympathy, so I suppose sympathy is the way forward for confrontations like that. I tell you what though he had a HUGEEE brain

yay!! thats what I learned the other day!

duh, your words baffle me fella, I realised long ago I couldn't please everybody, no matter how much money I had in my pocket or love I had to give

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.