The virginity industry

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by cloud9, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cloud9

cloud9 Well-Known Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8641099.stm

I guess life's just unfair. If a guy ain't a virgin, you'll never be able to tell. Unfortunately, its not the same case for women. It's disgusting that women are facing the reality of being ostracized or murdered for losing their virginity before marriage. Its driving them to spend $4,000 on operations to restore their virginity which even then are not necessarily foolproof.

To choose between maintaining family ties or a sex life.

Life's a bitch.

2. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I have two friends from Saudi Arabia. The girl once told me that Saudi girls are not even allowed to ride bikes or horses in case they "lose" their virginity (you can't even lose it that way, wtf). I'm glad for not being born there

3. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Thats shocking!!!!

4. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

What did you expect, it's the middle east

5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

^ That's what I thought.

Of course it's terrible but it's not exactly out of order with how things are often done in the Middle East.

I wasn't shocked to say the least.

6. carekitty

carekitty Guest

In many cases, "proof" of virginity is required after the wedding night. (trying to be delicate here). Sometimes an accident on a bike or while riding a horse or other activities can rupture the hymen, and you won't bleed with your first sexual experience, hence there won't be any "proof" you were a virgin.

These girls can then be ostracized or put to death. Pretty messed up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.