the voices want me to suicide

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by flppy, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flppy

flppy New Member

well... its in the title... in a nutshell

i feel really desperate, and it would be really good if i could talk to others who hear voices AND know that they are not just in your head

please, only serious comments, i dont want posts abou how they are not real, because they are

thanks

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Hi
    I don't hear voices and so I don't think I'm of Amy use to you. I have heard of hearing voices networks and wonder if this is something you could research?
    In the meantime - hang on x

3. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

That should say any not army - bloody predictive text!

4. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I don't hear voices either and don't really know a lot about the subject. If they're telling you to commit suicide though then I'd ignore them. Tell them that you'll start listening again when they've got something more positive and interesting to say.
    I do believe that 'There are more things in Heaven and Earth...than are dreamt of in your philosophy' (Shakespeare) so I'm not going to argue with you when you say that they are not just in your head.
    It doesn't really matter whether they're in your head or not though because the answer is still to ignore them.
    Sending hugs.

5. Oloriel

Oloriel Well-Known Member

I hear voices. But I know mine are in my head - I normally don't hallucinate the people I'm hearing, and about a third of the time I actually hear the voices around me, but it's usually in my mind. I hope I can still help you, though. Wherever the voices are coming from, they don't want to help you. Please don't listen to them. Ignore them, or talk back and refuse if you must, but please don't do what they tell you to. Besides, if a living person tried to tell you what to do, you wouldn't just listen without wanting to question them, right? What gives anyone the right to tell you what to do? It applies to the voices too. They have no right. You are the one in control.

6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you can lessen the power of the voices by getting on the right medication. that's really important to do. what are you currently taking? perhaps you need to switch medicines if the voices were gone for a while and have returned. voices can be a symptom of many different mental illnesses, it's also important to have a correct diagnosis.

in the meantime you need to be safe. it would be safer if you were in the hospital until your new medication kicks in. that way even if the voices tell you to hurt yourself there is nothing at hand to use. you are safe. please get some help.

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi. I don't hear voices, but I've always been curious about the origins of this phenomenon. I'm into paranormal research and apparently spirits can whisper voices too, but for the majority of people, it seems like it's a manifestation of your own mind. But, the bottom line is, if voices are telling you to kill yourself, you should never listen to them. Real or imaginary, voices that tell you to harm yourself or others should never be listened to.

8. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

i think this is a great way to look at it, its true you wouldnt necessarly listen to a living person why should the voices be any different

9. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...I used to have voices telling me to harm myself and do things that when not stressed I did not consider...I realized that there are many voices in my mind and I can chose to listen to others as well...therapy was very helpful for me to not fear what was going on...please stay safe and let us know how you are doing...welcome again, J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.