The Waiting Lounge

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Chocolate Heartache, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocolate Heartache

Chocolate Heartache Active Member

It strikes me that a lot of people on here have decided their fate, and they're waiting for the right time, or waiting for something to be completed. So I thought I'd start a thread where we can talk about what we're waiting for, and how it feels to have to hang on.

I'm waiting for my Grandfather's inheritance to come through. I've inherited 1/6 of his property including his house, so selling it is going to be time consuming - if I die before the money comes into my possession, it'll be divided by the remaining 5: my parents, my brother, and my aunt and uncle. If I wait until the money is in my possession, I can leave my share to my brother. My parents, aunt and uncle are all comfortably off, mortgages all paid off, etc, whereas my little brother is trying to start out in life, go back to uni, and he's renting a house with his girlfriend. With the two combined inheritances, mine and his, he should be able to get on the bottom rung of the housing market and pay for his studies. So, just waiting for Granddad's house to sell. There's a lot of other shit going on in my life right now, but I'm in a psych hospital so I'm pretty safe at the moment - it helps me to hang on day-to-day. I'll figure out the small details of how I'm going to get let out to do myself in later.

Who else here is stuck, with a suicide plan and a wait before they can put that into action?
  2. lav11

lav11 Well-Known Member

very good idea for a topic idea in my opinion! remind us all of what we are trying to hang on even if temporarily.

First and foremost-
    i am currently hanging on for the pure reason that this stupid store will not open so i can buy the method i want, and all other stores similiar are also shut and have been all weekend..
    secondly, i would absoloutly love to be able to hang on until i can leave this current short term assisted accommodation, i feel horrible only just moving in and attempting straight away..
    thirdly, to finish my grade 12 education, i feel like if i could at least finish my year 12 education at school i can feel like i wasnt a complete failure in my life, that i could do something right in my life.. even if i do end up dying anyways straight after..

dont think im going to hang on for the last one.. but, the second one would be nice.. and the first one GRRRRRR.. looks like ive got no other choice
  3. obsessed78

obsessed78 Member

I have a basic plan but it needs defining to make sure it works. Spending hours researching then having to get it all together. After that I plan to travel with friend, will resign from work take a deep breath and enjoy the world in its purity with out the worry of wok or future or anything....I should be finalised by November
  4. jb225

jb225 Member

Right now, i'd have to say nightfall.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.