The War on Science and Intellectualism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob26003

Is it just me or has the right wing been declaring war on science?........... and winning. Successfully dumbing down America................. drastically

They dispute the global warming consensus as if its not real.

They speak of evolution like some radical concept that is just so far fetched.

They want prayer in schools. They want Creationism to be taught as science.

They want wars in the middle east to hasten the return of Jesus Christ

They are systematically trying to undermine and destroy agencies like the FDA and EPA

And they are trying to destroy Public Education

They look at intellectualism as some elite liberal flaw

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

I recently read that the only Nation where less people believe evolution is Turkey!

What the hell is going on here?

How can we stop these People?

Last edited by a moderator:

aoeu

They aren't winning. It doesn't matter how many people believe in the science, it'll continue moving forward nevertheless. The truth will win out in the end.

Reki

They aren't really winning, they're just making a lot of noise because they're in the minority and that's the only way they're going to get attention.

About evolution, I don't think it's so much a matter of belief as it is knowledge. While it isn't definitely isn't a fact, the reason so many people can downtalk it with a straight face is they don't fully understand how it works and how substantial the evidence behind it is. I think it's more a failure of the education system and the lack of emphasis on academics in general in today's society than it is people's beliefs, though there are definitely a lot of dishonest people out there that will lie right to your face to get you to swallow their beliefs.

Science is timeless. It can be discovered over and over again as long as their is man.

Religion needs to be handed down from generation to generation.

I am confident that Science will win in the end.

nos nomed

It's not just the right wing the line between the two parties has pretty much disappeared. Shock politicians on both sides try anything they can grasp to get attention. As far as the global warming alot are just trying to state it's a bit overhyped and there is data that points toward it not being human.

America has created an environment where thinking for yourself or being knowledgeble can very easily be harmful to ones social status so people choose to remain ignorant and don't think or look for facts themselves. Therefore politicians get away with horrible things like mandatory school zoning for public schools, tenyear or however its spelled which makes it almost impossible to get rid of crap teachers, and the continued crusade in the middle east.

Nobody wants the truth anymore they just want you to smile and pretend everything is fine while you buy more Old navy sweaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00