The What-If thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Moat, Feb 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moat

Moat Banned Member

There is a television series I am watching right now, in-between working on an article; a Japanese 'anime' show, called "Welcome The The N.H.K" (note, the series is both funny, thought-provoking, because it deal on real life situations, some of them very depressing, so it is not one to watch if you are feeling in a bad way) and something from the episode I am watching just made me think of creating this thread.

Disregard time travel, your perfect career and other nonsense like that, but from when you were growing up as a child, the World your play-doh, able to shape and mould it to your liking, and now that you have grown up, I wanted to know - no, I am interested in knowing - what, in your life, from when you were a child, would you like to go back and change? A big mistake you made, a missed opportunity, anything like that?

For me, I would like to go back and restart my life from when I was in year two of public school, where the only worries in the World of mine were having arguments with classmates and getting my homework done in time and not had to worry about the adult World of taxes, careers and consequences for my actions.
    I never knew then that I would be a journalist/ writer, although even at that time, I had such a love of the written word, but all my experiences and how I lived and acted since then are what I would love not to have happened or at least happened differently, to make me a much better person today than what I am.

So, if no one minds sharing, what are your thoughts on your life from when you were a child growing up full of innocence that you would like to change so that you could well be a much more positive and poductive (I use the 'productive' loosely in this context) that you think or hope would have made your life turn out differently to what you have now?

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I would go to college right out of high school, go out and live my life, take chances, and maybe I wouldn't have become what I am today.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well if you don't want to be the inspiring, cheerful, awesome and funny, charismatic person you are today go on go back to college.... ;)

2 people like this.
  4. Witty_Sarcasm

Aww thank you :) I think the same of you. But honestly I want to be more successful and not a loser.

5. Petal

It all depends on what your idea of ''successful is''?! I do get what you mean though but you have to find the goodness in the badness and concentrate on that. I even missed out on highschool, well most of it, the most important parts, never graduated etc.. I do understand what you mean but YOU ARE all those things I've said in my eyes! The good thing about being ''successful'' is you can go back to college any time and be what it was you wanted to be. I tried to do this last year and failed but who say's I won't succeed this year? You're so sweet you'd melt any man's heart :) Even if you didn't do the things you wanted to do you're not a loser, you are who you are and that must be cherished!!

2 people like this.
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Thank you for being such a sweet friend. I don't know about guys finding me sweet, they mostly don't like me, lol. I am trying to change my life around. I felt a little depressed again earlier because I found out at the doctor's office that I gained 5 pounds, but that gives me the incentive to try even harder.

7. Petal

Last week I dieted so hard and found I was up 4lb so I wouldn't let that deter you, it's probably water weight. Just stick with your plan and you'll get there. No need to thank me darling, I'm only being honest :)

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.