The "What's for dinner?" thread

Discussion in 'The Gameroom' started by FrainBart, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

(I do appologise if this has been done before, but currently Forum is slow... so that's my excuse)

I am forever looking for new things to try and cook, and we do have a cookbook thread. But perhaps with this we could encourage new tastes and new ideas to try for ourselves.

So for my dinner tonight I am having a lamb pie, with mash and peas. Never made a pie before so thought I'd give it a try. (I am cheating with using premade/rolled pastry) I am quite looking forward to it, smells very nice!
  2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I like this idea :) - hope your pie was good!

I am going to make a Mexican "Lasagne" - chicken, peppers, onion, mushroom, tinned tomatoes and mexican spices layered between corn tortillas and topped with grated cheese then baked in the oven.

Assuming I can be bothered lol.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I had shepherd's pie and veggies for dinner...not bad but could have been better. I'm really excited for tacos on Friday lol.
  4. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

Scrambled eggs and coffee.
  5. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

egg salad with cheese and tomato?!?!
  6. oval

oval Well-Known Member

salmon with veggies and sauerkraut
  7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

lamb chop (yeh, meat day...I eat so little meat), tomato chutney, home made apple sauce, salad with a little feta cheese, iced tea
  8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

A huge plate of french fries smothered in pepper and salt...wasn't very creative today lol! But last night it was fries with general tso's chicken, yummy!
  9. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Baked battered chicken, smothered in barbecue sauce.
  10. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Tonight is a lazy night for me. Having Fish and Chips. Not got anything else in so stuck with it.
  11. oval

oval Well-Known Member

broccoli, brussel sprouts, peas, kidney beans and sauerkraut
  12. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Brussel sprouts are awesome, its a shame not many people like them.

Tonight I am making a Chicken and bacon Lattice, with boiled potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Made the pastry... I hope. However it is seemingly to have failed considering even after following a recipe it was a slimy sludge... heres hoping it worked :( if not then gonna have to just do chicken potatoes and veg.
  13. SadBk

SadBk Well-Known Member

Three Reese's peanut butter eggs. >.> I had a craving.
  14. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Yum to Peanut Butter eggs...those are the eggs I like best...and yes, sometimes, all I want is a cheat meal
  15. SadBk

SadBk Well-Known Member

Yeah and those eggs are far superior to the regular cups! All the holiday shapes are. They need to do a star for 4th of July or something because it's a long wait between the eggs at Easter and the pumpkins at Halloween.
  16. oval

oval Well-Known Member

since today is the use by date on my ground beef, hamburgers.
  17. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Too tired and seemingly too lazy to cook so it will be delivery tonight...I have not chosen from where but probably with be the usuals, either Middle Eastern or to be determined...and SadBk, I make my own chocolate and peanut butter candy so if you ever want a real easy recipe, let me know, and then you can have them whenever you want
  18. SadBk

SadBk Well-Known Member

Hey thanks, Sadeyes, a recipe would be great if it's so easy a complete cooking moron could follow it?!
    Tonight I think dinner will be a McDonald's shamrock shake and a bag of microwave popcorn. I'm on a real healthy kick, see.
  19. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

SadBk...Another similarity is that my ex was obsessed with Gordon Lightfoot...If You Could Read My...etc. I can PM the recipe and see what you can do with it

PS I just sent you the recipe...the video makes it somewhat easy to do
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
  20. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

Tonight we had goulsah. Ex made it (and forgot a bit of beef stock) so really it was just beef in a tomato sauce. Goulash is my daughters fav meal, she emptied and cleared her plate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.