The Whole Story Part 3

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheFamilyLoser, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheFamilyLoser

TheFamilyLoser New Member

I would be writing more to finish my whole story, but today has turned out to NOT be a fucking good day. Had a great fucking interview abnd etween 4p and 5p they were going to call those selected for a secondary interview. Guess who didnt get called? Of course me. So, Ill continue to be a fucking grown man living on my mom's couch like a the fucking loser I am. My fucking ears ring Im so stressed the fuck out.
    Cant finish writing...just want to go out and get so fucking drunk I crash to be honest with you
    I FUCKING HATE THIS SHIT- I FUCKING HATE ME

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

As i have often told my son CALL THEM back it shows you are interested he did not get a call either but when he called them they included him in the second call backs then he got a third call back and got the job Call them okay if only to say what was it that perhaps you could improve on for further interviews hugs

3. Fedupforreal

Fedupforreal Well-Known Member

'Drunk' doesn't fix a thing. I just went through the whole unemployed thing. It lasted 6 weeks, but I was hitting the panic button after 2. You've received good advice above: always call back. I never call more than once. You don't want to nag but you want to show interest. One call accomplishes that.

After giving them your name, say something to the effect of "I submitted my resume (or application, or both) in consideration of (the position for which you applied) and was just following up."

If you've already interviewed once, tell the person who you interviewed with. I usually ask if there's something I should be doing at this point in the process or if I should be waiting on a phone call or email.

Don't be pushy. You're basically doing nothing here with this phone call but getting your name on that person's desk one more time and letting them know you're still out there and very interested in the position. You could be exchanging recipes with the receptionist and still accomplish the same goal. Point being, what you're actually saying (unless you shoot yourself in the foot) is not nearly as important as the fact that you're calling them.

It took me 6 weeks to find a job. The guy who got hired the same time I did had been unemployed for 3 years. I've had one stretch that lasted nearly a year and a half. All you can do is stick it out. Keep plugging away. And be very thankful you have a place to stay while you're looking. I didn't have that.

Resist the urge to panic and never go into an interview dripping in desperation. They can smell that like dogs smell fear. rofl.

4. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

I say call them back and get the answer. If you show enthusiasm they might change their mind. You would be surprised how far a little courage would go. I asked my previous boss to reimburse my bus fare. He told me that they were leaning towards someone else. However, me asking him showed I might be worth a shot. Before my last boss was let go he told me that it was one of the gambles he had ever taken.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.