The world will go on

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TheDevilsReject, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDevilsReject

TheDevilsReject New Member

First off I can't really say how odd I even feel being here. By here I don't mean alive, but I mean this place. For so long I thought I was alone in my thoughts, feelings, even actions when it comes to such a serious subject. So I do think my best friend back home for bringing mere here. I guess I created this topic because of a lot has been going through my mind already. The biggest thing of course being suicide. I suppose like the rest of you here I have both thought about this subject many times, and even attempted it to no avail. Sometimes I can't help but wonder what the world will be like if I ever actually do go through with things. Sure a few good people will be upset, and just as mum says 'the world will still go on.' Does this mean we are forgotten then?

Maybe that worries me most. I never wanted to be famous for anything, but my biggest fear is death. Kind of strange to say such when one has attempted there own life so many times. I've had a few friends who killed themselves.I was devistated and the only words of wisdom or comfort my mum had to say was "its sad, but it happens." I never go to to the funeral, and maybe thats why I don't have my own closure.Suicide never really was an option or thing for me until at age 10 or so. Its odd to think a child would consider these thoughts and have them follow with them through the rest of there lives. I guess the question becomes, does the pain ever stop? And if I'm gone...will the world just go on without me?

I doubt this is even the right place to post such a topic, but I'll work on getting my barrings a little later.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Firstly welcome:biggrin:

Not quite sure what to say to this. Yeah the world will go on whether we are in it or not, but it can make a huge difference to the lives of people who know/knew us. My grandfather has been dead these 15 years and yes life goes on and I don't think of him every minute of every day; but I would give anything to have him back. Life has gone on but life has been diminshed by his passing.

3. TheDevilsReject

TheDevilsReject New Member

I guess in a way its scary to know, that if I leave that no one will really remember me, and yet if I were famous they'd never forget. I mean I have sat there and cut my wrists and all I ever had to do with was make up some stupid fake story and no one would question me or care. I guess in a way it doesn't matter if I was here or not because the world doesn't stop for anyone.

4. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Try not to be discouraged too much, life can be pretty hard around those years and I know from experience it can all feel pointless but you'll meet people throughout your life that may change your way of thinking.
    A friend of mine is a very timid person that most people find unapproachable because she's quite plain physically and just gives off that 'don't bother me' air that many of us have when we're bitter from being lonely for so long. She's an environmentalist and loves animals dearly but is a little cold towards people because most have paid little mind to her most of her life, it would be safe to say few people would care if she died and life would go on as usual for the rest of the world, but I would certainly cry for her.
    So try not to feel too down about the way others see you just yet, maybe you just have yet to meet the people who will see you for what you really are and love you for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.