The World.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigman2232

I was raised to live in, no longer exists.

A world were you try to have a happy life but don't sacrifice others to do so. A world where you help others and sometimes ask for help when you need it. A world where people work together but do not just blindly follow others.

I just feel so out of place and that my views are completely outdated. I've been called old fashioned, and I know that some of my beliefs would be considered somewhat sexist under today's pseudo-feminist ruled world.

I was raised to protect and keep watch over those I care about. This means family and friends. I don't do it because I think that they can't do it themselves, it's just second nature.

I just feel like I will never find a place in today's world.

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
Hi and glad to hear from you...I think the global, faster world can seem much colder, but I have found that my friends, will always be my friends and their values and mine are those that I focus upon (I can get so overwhelmed otherwise)...maybe find one or two ppl who share your values and it will feel less out of sorts...big hugs, J

Stranger1

Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend
We were raised one way, and learned our values are a result of how our parents were raised. I agree it has changed. There is know changing it back. I was disiplinned by the end of a belt or by being grounded for a week to my bedroom.
I have learned that kind of disipline doesn't work now adays. So I would sit my daughter down and talk to her instead and try to teach her where she was wrong. That didn't work either. She is an adult now with her own child. And she is learning ole dad wasn't so mean after all.
I have found what effects my grandaughter. She loves being on the computer so when she lies to me or misbehaves I ground her from using the computer for a week.
That is all you can do nowadays find what they love the most and take it away from them for a week!! I hope some of this helps!!~Joseph~

Starlite

I was raised to live in, no longer exists.

A world were you try to have a happy life but don't sacrifice others to do so. A world where you help others and sometimes ask for help when you need it. A world where people work together but do not just blindly follow others.

I just feel so out of place and that my views are completely outdated. I've been called old fashioned, and I know that some of my beliefs would be considered somewhat sexist under today's pseudo-feminist ruled world.

I was raised to protect and keep watch over those I care about. This means family and friends. I don't do it because I think that they can't do it themselves, it's just second nature.

I just feel like I will never find a place in today's world.
Hi there, sounds like you were raised how my mom and dad raised me and my siblings! You have a place here! I know we don't know each other really, but by your post, I can say this, I understand that "old fashioned" terminology and I like it. I wish more people that live in today's society had it. The world would be a much better place to live in. If you ever need to talk please pm me. :hug:

gentlelady

Staff Alumni
I find it a wonderful thing to know people still exist with the sense of values you have. You are not old fashioned in your beliefs. People nowadays are too often self centered. We need to go back to some of that humility. There is a difference in taking care of ones self and sacrificing others for the sake of ones self.

D

Dave_N

Too many people of today are far too materialistic and narcissistic. They only care about themselves and will walk all over other people to be on top. But its good to know that there are still some decent and caring people left in this world. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$135.00
Goal
$255.00