The worst thing that can possibly happen...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Kunera, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

...Is to be ignored.

Especially when it's the moment you finally open up, finally comfortable enough to face the judgments of others.

Ready to be loved, to be hated, and everything in between.

Ready to connect, love, share, live, and care.

Ready to make an impact, and let others impact you.

Ready to actually matter, and let other people do the same.

Instead, you're greeted by pure silence as others turn away, hoping you'll simply vanish, and no longer inconvenience them with your presence.

Suddenly, it hits you in the face, how insignificant you really are. People don't even care enough to hate you, and everything you stand for. Completely unnoticed, both unintentionally and intentionally.

Especially when it's someone you truly care for. When you spill your heart out to them. When they turn away from your heart, not even caring enough to spit upon it.

When you honestly wouldn't care if they fucking hated your guts. As long as they acknowledged that you love them, and turned to face you. Even if they only faced you for one second, to spit on you, or for even longer, to point out that they wanted you dead. As long as they faced you, instead of you facing their back.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm really sorry that happened to you. I don't know all the details; but I know what it's like to try and talk to someone about something that's really important, and they just act like I'm not even there. I'm around if you feel like talking.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: kunera!

You know you can talk to me anytime! :hug:

4. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

5. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

I know how you feel. I'm ignored all the time.

6. Kunera

Kunera Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it.
    Maybe it's just the position I'm in that makes me think that way, but that's honestly the one thing I really can't stand, is being ignored, because it forces you to be alone.

Which, to anyone in my family, that would be hilariously ironic, as I'm pretty much seen as the strong, silent type.
    Basically, I'm a lone wolf that can't stand being alone.

7. dondredalle

dondredalle New Member

i think that's what's happening to me, too ... i open myself up then i get turned away.

8. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

Sorry they didn't acknowledge you the way they should've... my PM box is always open, I'll never ignore you. :hug:

9. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

I know the feeling. I think its really caused me to close off from other people... I feel like, what's the use of speaking? I'm not worth their time.