Theoretical

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by turryburry, Dec 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turryburry

turryburry Well-Known Member

I came looking in chat rooms and forums tonight because (I think) I was hoping to get in a theoretical discussion about suicide. But there are so many rules and paranoia about cops that I never got the chance.

Maybe I'm looking for reasons why not but am too afraid to post exactly why. Which is stupid if I won't be here anyways.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

The forum is a place to get support so yes reasons as to why NOT to leave is a good way to start
    I do hope you continue to reach out and to post for support here can you tell us what has got you so low

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

This is a prolife site with the single purpose of supporting people struggling with suicide and depression with the purpose of aiding recovery and reducing loneliness and pain typical of people considering suicide or struggling with mental health issues. It is not here for debate and theoretical or academic discussion of suicide.

If you want to discuss the issues you are facing in hopes of getting moral support or ideas,encouragement, and motivation to to get better and to take the steps needed to get better, then you should have no issues at all or concerns about the few guidelines we have here. If the discussions you wish to engage in are not in line with the reasons this site exists and is provided at no cost and with no advertising to the members here then you should look for another site that is directed at your areas of interests.

Guidelines

4. turryburry

Thank you for the kind words total eclipse. NYJ? Sorry if you took me the wrong way. I want to end life but am not feeling depressed. Hard to explain.

5. NYJmpMaster

I do apologize. I understood you felt the rules made it so you cannot discuss your suicidal feelings and since the only real rules here are be kind and do nto share methods or ways to commit suicide or illegal topics ....

So far as what makes one feel suicidal- no it is not always depression. Everything from physical pain, mental pain, to even things as hard to articulate as "boredom" or "curiosity" all can lead to suicidal thoughts. On the topic of depression though, that is not only "sadness" that meets the criteria- apathy and lack of interest are also "depression".

You do not need to "justify" your suicidal feelings (if that is what you have). No reason is better or worse than another and none are more serious. If it is a feeling that you have that makes you feel like suicide is the best solution for you then it is a feeling that is real and needs to be respected. Things that are easy for some people are intolerable for others- not because one person is stronger than the other , but simply because we all react to different situations in different ways. Feel free to discuss your reasons or what you believe is causing your feelings- I would bet you are not alone in those feelings.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

6. turryburry

-When I'm gone my parents can spend their money on themselves instead of worrying about my future
    -Life could get better but I'm more worried about it getting worse
    -An atheist with no children or spouse--why not?

7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That's a mindset we set for ourselves when we want to give up, when we feel things won't get better. There's far more reasons as to why you should try and remain positive with a bright outlook on things but sometimes it's easier to give in to those thoughts. The more you worry yourself, the worse you will get, I believe you can get through this as long as you keep reaching out and reaching out to professionals is the best decision you could make right now. No-one is going to call the cops on you unless the professionals think you are an imminent risk to yourself/others, I don't think it will happen, people tell them they are depressed every day, as for this site, we just do not do that. Keep talking to us it just might help a bit. Wishing you all the best x

8. turryburry

Update-have decided to wait until I run out of weed. Or am almost out. I don't want to do it when my brain chemistry is messed up from no weed. (I get suicidal). I know, sounds weird. I'd rather kill myself while I'm still stoned than kill myself when I'm suicidal.

No problems here!

9. NYJmpMaster

Sorry , having a hard tome following the logic here- but I think the real approach is you would rather have a mind with poor judgement and use marijuana which causes anxiety and and is a depressant in many people to make it easier is what it sounds like.

If you are going to decide something so important you really should give yourself the benefit of clear thinking for a a couple weeks. And if you cannot goo without marijuana for a week or two without a profound effect on your emotional state then maybe try waiting until you are no longer psychologically dependent on a drug that has a host of known issues but anxiety (fear of future - fear things will get worse not better - a known and typical side effect of marijuana) being a big one.

10. turryburry

Since I've recovered from a psychotic break marijuana seems to have a different effect on me. I wasn't smoking when I got sick and was sane for a year before I started again but I've not been able to go longer than two weeks without it in 9 months without feeling suicidal. Perhaps it is knowing that I have to quit (if I stay alive) that brought suicide to the forefront. Idk.

I understand your thinking on the subject. Now if you want to tell me suicide is just my delusional disorder acting up......lol

11. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Have you seen a psycharist. Sounds like youre self medicating yourself with marijuana.

12. turryburry

I'm on antipsychotics and antidepressants. Taken only as directed. I tried Cogentin for the side effects of my illness and/or the meds but ended up in the ER. Pot works better at filling in the holes.

13. NYJmpMaster

14. turryburry

I appreciate the articles. There's not really much written on anti-psychotics and weed and that's the important drug I'm on. Both psych and therapist knew about drug use from beginning.

15. turryburry

Have since quit weed. I don't miss it, maybe because I'm still planning on ending my life. Can't do it yet because my niece's birthday was just a few days ago. Attempted a few weeks ago and ended up sleeping for a day. I have begun to try and help people on this site which is way more than I did when I started.

16. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done for quitting the weed. That is a great achievement. Sorry to hear you attempted so recently,you really must have a ton on your plate. I hope you continue to feel better....helping others helps ourselves, it's like a therapy of it's own. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.