therapist get mad at you?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by swimmergirl, Jan 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swimmergirl

swimmergirl Well-Known Member

If you try and happen to fail, has anyone's therapist or doctor been mad at them for attempting?

I worry about that happening.
  2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

hey :hug: i think the doctors and therapists wouldnt be 'mad' but would far prefer to talk to you about how you are feeling and help you find the appropriate treatment and support before it got to that stage... whats going on sweet? :hug: its worth sorting through things now rather than worrying 'what if'...
  3. Scully

Scully Well-Known Member

They're here to help you, like here we're here to support. So no one wants you to attempt. I don't think they'd be mad. What's important is what you're gonna think about yourself. I saw others of your posts. You don't talk much. But you can talk here, or in PM, there's always be someone to listen.
  4. betteroffunknown

betteroffunknown Well-Known Member

to be honest i think mine was disappointed and my dr. was concerned. it's like they've already said none of us want to see you attempt so please feel free to talk. we'll be more than glad to listen, and if you'd like feel free to pm or anyone. i hope you stay well and please don't attempt. please take care.
  5. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

Mine was a bit angry especially since I did it straight after seeing her. She said do you want me to ask you if your suicidal everytime I see you. But she didn't yell at me or anything like that, it was just in what she said.
  6. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

Mental health professionals are there to help you and they'll likely talk about what was going on and how you were thinking and feeling and how to prevent it from happening. Just like to add, the caring ones are usually understanding and compassionate about what you are going through that made you what to end your life. If you are seeing someone regularly then hopefully you are able to talk things through before it gets to this stage. I hope you reach out and talk to us. We are here for you.
  7. swimmergirl

I posed this question to my therapist and my doctor.

One said, they would not be angry if I killed myself, but would miss me greatly.

The other said he would be very angry.

I dont want to hurt either one of them, but is that really a reason to live, because what happens if i lose my insurance and can't see them anymore, then what, does my reason for living also get lost?
  8. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

My second to last attempt I was in icu. When I became concious again the doc was standing there. I guess when I was taken in I spoke of my method before I went unconsious. He then proceeded to tell me the lab tests didn't confirm my method and he thoughtI was lying. I could only tell him I puked it all up that night. I then slept for a few days. When i woke I immediatly demanded another doc, which I got.
    I also once had a therapist who seemed to roll her eyes at my stories. I wanted help and I knew I wouldn't get it from I switched therapists.
    Its your life and you are in charge. No business would think twice about firing us if we didn't perform. You are the boss when it comes to your mental health. If your not comfortable...its ok to switch.
    Good luck!
  9. TomT

TomT Active Member

My doctor didn't get mad but my support worker did and gave me a lecture about ringing helplines... my last attempt though helplines were the furthest thing from my mind.
  10. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

No therapist but regular doctors but not suicide but other things. I have get yelled so many times by doctors that I do not going there if I do not have broken bones or very bad inflammation or something. I hate doctors!

Did you know one time one woman doctor yelled for me how terrible slut I am and I should keep my pants on and be carefull with veneral diseases she yelled so bad I almost start to cry and other time when man doctor start to same thing I said I do not listen, I am virgin he yelled to me: " I do not believe you all girls blah blah blah.. Girls who are pregnant deny they are having sex" yell yell blah blah...I was over 25 at both times. Doctors should really get a appoitment from shrinks...

I hate doctors... And they allways yell to old people... I hate doctors...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2010
  11. ThoseEmptyWalls

ThoseEmptyWalls Well-Known Member

I have never had a doctor or therapist get angry at me over suicidal feelings or actions but I have had a doctor mad at me. I was sent to see a therapist at this one office. I had never been there before and wasnt looking forward to it. I got the first appointment over with, only took up my whole damn day. I made another appointment. The next visit I was to see the doctor. I got there and the doctor wasnt there. I was told to wait and she would be back. Well about two hours later she comes back into the office. Im waiting and waiting. Finally about another hour after that I went and ask what was going on. I was told that I was making a fuss in the waiting room and she wouldnt see me. Which I hadnt said but two words to anyone other then my husband the whole time I had been sitting there. The doctor accused me of cussing, screaming, and making a big fuss. How would she know I thought - shes not been in the office all day. But I hadnt made a fuss and was mad I was accused of it. Finally I march back to her office and ask her why she lied about me. She tells me she cant see me because I didnt have an initial visit with the therapist, which I had and told her so. I wait until the therapist comes in and she goes back to tell the doctor I did in fact have the initial visit. The doctor says Im a rude patient and caused a big scene in the waiting room and she wasnt seeing me. The receptionist said I wasnt being loud or anything like that. I was angry so I refused to see that doctor even if she would applogise and let me on her list. I was forced into that therapist a few times and then put my foot down and wouldnt go anymore. So no no ones been rude about attempts but I have got greif from the idiots in the mental health field.
  12. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

My doctor got fucking pissed...he wanted me to head straight to the hospital immediately and that he wouldn't care for me afterward if I didn't go. So that was the last time I ever saw him cause I opted not to go to the hospital and admit myself, but if I did succeed, he would've been blamed partly for the suicide and not preventing it, so I don't blame him for protecting his own hide first.
  13. swimmergirl

yeah, my doctor told and I have had a few arguments about going to the hospital when I am feeling really suicidal, and he gets pissed when I refuse, but I find it interesting that on two occasions we had these arguments right in his office, which is directly across the street from the hospital, and he still just let me walk out of there. I wish he would have just put me in the hospital himself, who lets a crazy suicidal patient just leave!
  14. RedTears

RedTears Well-Known Member

yes, i've had therapists get mad at me for attempting. i was likfe, wtf! (inside) Yeah, i did, and they tried to guilt trip me into getting better by saying that i wasn't thinking about anyone else, and that i was selfish. didn't work. THen i told my recent therapist that i tried to kill myself 2 months prior to our meeting. She was upset.
  15. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

I often wonder what it would be like if I attempted shortly before going to see my doc.
  16. swimmergirl

sometimes I want to attempt right there in his office!

I think that wish is more about wanting him to save me from myself.
  17. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I had one ask if I was feeling suicidal right then whilst in the office, I just said well I am not about to leave and jump in front of a train. But as mentioned earlier I have felt suicidal right in the office whilst talking to her, and I even gave her hints such as "what's done is done etc" and then made an attempt as soon as I got home after seeing her. Once she sent me off for a 2nd opinion to someone else there, and this person was worst and I did an attempt straight after seeing that one too. But I had had a really bad day at work.

I have also thought if she had a pill sitting on her table that could end it, I would take it straight away before she could blink.

Once she talked to me about anti depressants, and I asked her if I could OD on them and she said no, so I told her I wasn't interested.
  18. Wastingecho

Wastingecho Well-Known Member

med students who are going to be physicians are given something to give them chest pains similar to a heart attack so that they understand what the patient may feel

i don't think therapists, etc... ever get a glimpse of what we go through
  19. Pebble

Pebble Well-Known Member

My therapist didn't get angry with me after my last OD she was quite supportive after a few days but my dr was very angry and before I came to uni she told me that 'uni is my last chance to sort things out so don't ruin it or mess it up again' made me feel great!! not. I have told my therapist how I have felt before but have never told them my plans, I have sometimes wanted to so that they know how bad I am feeling but I don't want them to put me into a hospital as I wouldn't want to be stopped. My dr though, whenever I have seen her since I've been to uni, I have always made sure to tell her how well things are going - if she knew the truth she would probably just be angry. You'd think that drs would be understanding of mental health but some seem to be just as ignorant to it as most of the general public
  20. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Hear, hear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.