Therapy doesnt seem to be helping...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Mike04, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike04

Mike04 Active Member

Its kind of interesting... A few weeks ago my therapist told me that it seems that I have already made up my mind about suicide. ...That it seemed that I did not want anyone to help me in anyway. I have been thinking about this for the past few weeks, and have come to a conclusion: He is right.

I dont want anyone to help me. This is the way I feel. I cannot talk with anyone, and can never open up to them. ...Its not that I do not care; I just cannot receive help. Throughout my entire life I have been a loner. I have never had help from anyone. ...And I had very few good experiences when it comes to people. I am too afraid and scared to open up. I simply cannot do it.

The therapist isnt helping much... ...And this is my second one after an incident at work (I admit it--I stabbed myself on purpose.) Right now, I want to end the pointless therapy sessions and get on with normal life. Im going to end my life soon, anyways, so whats the point?

Its not like death is bad. Humans have always been afraid of the unkown, which is the primary reason why "death" is defined "bad" by the media.

I dont know what value this post carries with it; nor what will happen with it. I just needed to get some words out...
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Thanks for sharing. Sorry that your therapist just doesn't get it. Sounds like he/she is just trying to write you off because you don't fall into any of the categories in the textbook he /she uses!!! Professionals like that piss me off. It is their job to try and help you. But if it seems like it will be too difficult, write ya off. Whenever you need to talk or vent you know where to find those that do get it.
  3. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

I also feel like therapy is a lost cause. It seems like only a certain type of person can derive benefit from it... those that are very forthcoming about their problems. Maybe there are other ways out of this situation. Maybe not.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.