1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

therapy doesn't work

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Raimunda, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raimunda

Raimunda New Member

Hi,

I'm considering suicide in part because I've seen 11 therapists and none of them have helped me long-term. (One helped me short-term, but he majorly traumatized me later.) Some of the others have seriously harmed me as well. I guess I just feel like it's a wild goose chase to look for another one after so many failures. I also don't have a lot of money to pay them, and of course they always take money even when they don't help.

I'm not on the brink of suicide--the psychiatrist I'm seeing is going to prescribe lithium this week, so I'll see how that works before I do anything. (Other medications have helped me in the past, but I had to stop due to side effects.) The stupid thing is that I really really want to get help, I don't want to kill myself, I just feel like that's the only option left sometimes.

What are you supposed to do when everyone says to get help, but the help doesn't help?

2. scareddude

scareddude Well-Known Member

I feel the same

Thankfully I live in the UK so don't have to pay.

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING AS YOU ARE IMPORTANT. I appreciate you are low but suicide is not the answer. You are among people who understand what you are feeling and I hope you keep posting here. You will support from others here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.