therapy doesn't work

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Raimunda, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raimunda

Raimunda New Member

I'm considering suicide in part because I've seen 11 therapists and none of them have helped me long-term. (One helped me short-term, but he majorly traumatized me later.) Some of the others have seriously harmed me as well. I guess I just feel like it's a wild goose chase to look for another one after so many failures. I also don't have a lot of money to pay them, and of course they always take money even when they don't help.

I'm not on the brink of suicide--the psychiatrist I'm seeing is going to prescribe lithium this week, so I'll see how that works before I do anything. (Other medications have helped me in the past, but I had to stop due to side effects.) The stupid thing is that I really really want to get help, I don't want to kill myself, I just feel like that's the only option left sometimes.

What are you supposed to do when everyone says to get help, but the help doesn't help?
  2. scareddude

scareddude Well-Known Member

I feel the same

Thankfully I live in the UK so don't have to pay.
  3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. PLEASE DO NOT DO ANYTHING AS YOU ARE IMPORTANT. I appreciate you are low but suicide is not the answer. You are among people who understand what you are feeling and I hope you keep posting here. You will support from others here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.