Therapy isint working

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Soldier83, Jul 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soldier83

Soldier83 Well-Known Member

nothing more to say

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am sorry therapy is not working time for new therapist perhaps or different approach in therapy don't give up ok

3. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Sorry to hear that, please do not do anything you will regret. I can appreciate life is tough and you need to deal with one day at a time. Like Total Eclipse says, it might be time for a new therapist. You need to keep posting.

4. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

Hello Soldier, how long have you been at this therapy? Maybe you need to give it a bit more time? If you have tried it a while then maybe try a different therapist - somebody you can connect with? Like Total eclipse said :)

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi soldier, if therapy is not working you do have many more options. Are you on medication? Or maybe you could try a different type of therapy or approach. Don't give up.

6. Hi soldier83,

I have experienced both medications and therapy not working for me. I went to so many therapists and somehow there will be one of them who can help you. You need to keep trying and keep fighting. NEVER GIVE UP!!! If I am overcome it, so can you; just DON'T GIVE UP!!!

7. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Did you tell your thearpist it wasnt working?

8. Soldier83

kids are away at there grandmas, my wife is away, I'll never get a better chance

9. Soldier83

But I am to much of a coward to do it anyway, so here's me living my life trying to find a way to die. Who cares anyway? not like i'll be missed

10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well by the looks of how many people here replied to this thread just proves people do care and that you would be missed. Don't harm yourself, it's simply not worth it.

11. Soldier83

Don't get me wrong I am very appreciative of the support that those here have given me. Sometimes people live to be made to suffer, perhaps their suffering balances the good fortune that other receive. In any case I am a poor, lazy, unwelcome addition to the human race. Those around me are plagued with misfortune, those whom I've thought as my friends had their lives ripped apart. People mill morn my passing, but they will move on. I am tired. Tired of trying so hard just for everything to fall apart again, and again. I cant start over any more. I cant take being miserable every moment of my life any more. I don't want to be tired any more. I don't want to be miserable any more. I know I am being selfish, that my pain is a cross I must bear for the sake of those around me. I am so tired of bearing it alone, of being alone. We all have our breaking point, mine is just a little closer to the surface than most.

12. Angstrom

Angstrom New Member

Sounds like ya are going through some troubling times, buddy :(.

I will do my best to help you get through this with what I have experienced with relaxation techniques :).

Take in a deep, slow breath, space them apart, and deepen your relaxation with each breath. The body cannot be stressed and relaxed at the same time, so you will naturally feel ease.

Listen to your thoughts closely and intently. Ask yourself what you are telling yourself. This takes one back to one's own childhood frame of mind, before one could repress pain.

Ask yourself, what is it that you want to do in life? What do you really want to do, if you could do anything you wanted.

Ask yourself, what is it that's keeping you from living your deepest wishes?

Answering these, you will rediscover the happiness within you.

Note, I am not a doctor, use this guide with caution.

Cheers m8 :).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2014
  13. Soldier83

Now after everything else that has happened I get a kidney stone and cant work, my boss doesn't care or understand. My wages are being garnished so I have to file bankruptcy. My favorite actor killed himself, and I can't get any better. There is no god, no hope, and nothing is ever going to get better. Still can't find a reason I shouldn't have done this sooner. They say take it one day at a time if that doesn't work one hour at a time, and if that doesn't work one minute at a time. They didn't say what to do after that. I have no other options. Thanks for caring, goodbye.

14. Soldier83

Ten days later, no replies. Thats ok other people need help too. (Thanks for deleting this next part) I bought a rope today, tied it into a noose and I'm keeping it in my truck. All I need is one good chance. One last bad thing to happen, I know I'm a coward and I might not summon the courage to actually pull it off. Maybe I should pray, no one there to hear it, but maybe I should do it anyway. Pray for the courage to finally end it, for the knowledge of why this is happening to me, why cant I brush it over like everyone else, why do I hate myself everyday, why to I get sick when I look into the mirror? These would be important questions if someone was there to hear them. I'm deluding my self however, no point in hope. A famous actor once said "Freedom is lifes' great lie" I say hope is. Hope is a lie. Hope leads us to tragedy, suffering, and useless prattling.

15. Please don't do it.. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.