Therapy pet!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by aoeu, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I got a cat two months ago. My panic attacks have vastly decreased. My depression has eased. I'm never alone anymore.

I strongly recommend you get a pet if you're depressed :)

Edit: forgot something important. I'm now tied to the world - I don't want him going back to a shelter and I don't know anyone I can give him to so I can't kill myself!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  2. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

awww - whats his name?

I have two babies myself, Lexi and Sheeba, they wer born in my car when i left it in the garage haha. They are the sweetest. They are 17 months old and Ive had them since they wer babies.

Dont they just sense when your feeling low??? Ahhh pets are soooooo giving. My parents are looking after them while im away but ive got a feeling they may wanna keep them even when i come back haha, I dont mind :)

3. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Congrats, aeou! Pets are wonderful friends! What have you named him? (I'm glad to hear you're tied to the world, aeou :) :hug: )

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2009
  5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

he is a hunk!

he is very small for 7 - i think he would look cute with my Sheeba. ill get pics now - brb.

6. Acy

Awww, Freddie is very cute! He looks very snuggly and soft. If he's always near by, I bet he's knows how you're feeling. (Cats just don't always say what they're thinking, lol.) :cat:

7. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

he looks absolutely adorable! pets have always helped me too. just the unconditional love that they give you and the companionship is great

8. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

my lil :tiger:'s

Sheeba (she would sooo cute with Freddy)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lexi - my wee baby
    [​IMG]

9. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

I'm going to get a dog again one day :sad:. The two deaths I mourn the most in my lifetime are my psycho Irish Setter and my lovable numbskull German Shorthaired Pointer.

10. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

awwww wow, a german shorthaired pointer!!! stunning

i work in a vet clinic :D so im surrounded by animals - im very lucky. I want a weimaraner when i get home, they are bred from pointers. :)

11. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

My best friend growing up had a Weimaraner named Linky. Gorgeous dog with spooky yellow-brown eyes and very similar in appearance to the GSP!

12. Acy

NoGood, you're babies are cute, too! (I wubs kitties!)

13. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Teehee, kitties! I've actually been wondering whether Fred would be happier with a kitten around, he gets bored as it is. I don't think he was treated well before, I think he needs me as much as I need him <3

Also, since finding out that the reason my dogs at home never properly trained is because chihuahuas are really dumb, I have an urge to get a new dog, but that'd interfere with my time with Freddie

14. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

we deffo recommend that you get another pet, animals need companionship aswell. :)

15. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

We have lots of pets, four dogs and who knows how many cats. My two out of the bunch is a chihuahua and a chihuahua terrier mix. We have a fenced yard so I put them out about 4 times a day so they can do business and that way there are fewer messes in the house.

These two little guys are my side kicks. They compete some for my attention as if they are saying "pet me, not him." Pets do add something special to life.

16. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

My dogs were my life but the past year or so they have increased my anxiety so much. Now I feel incredibly guilty as they no longer have the same quality of life that they used to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.