Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by storm, Jan 16, 2015.

1. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Does anyone else ever feel the overpowering urge to flee when they are sitting in the waiting room waiting for their therapist? I do... Right now. I know I need the help but it causes do much anxiety ugh
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, yes that is common, but once you're there the therapist will be able to relax you. Please hold it out and it will get easier and easier. Good luck at your therapy session and let us know how it goes.
  3. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I'm not so bad now because this is my second cycle of therapy and I am almost 4 months into this cycle of therapy and because it is group therapy I just tend to go straight into the therapy room itself. On the morning before therapy I do often try and stall getting ready for as long as possible and delay getting in my car to go for as long as possible. I don't really know why, because I know it's going to help me but I guess I am afraid of confronting my thoughts and emotions. It does get better the more you go though but I think wanting to run is a normal reaction that many people feel.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sometimes feel that way when I don't want to discuss certain topic that I know the T want to talk about
  5. storm

storm Well-Known Member

It was awful. Its not usually awful but she said something that she worded really wrong and now I'm blah. She basically said i let him hurt me. Then she tried to apologize and say she didn't mean it that way but the damage was done.

And today is so awful. My brother is taking his anger out on me and I can't cope. I'm tired of coping.
  6. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

Coping can be exhausting and I understand how easy it is to get tired of trying to hold yourself together. I am sorry that your therapist worded something badly and it upset you - that really sucks - I do not know what happened to you or who hurt you, or how - but even if it was true that you allowed someone to hurt you - the only thing anyone can possibly do with that information is learn from it and know better what situations to avoid in future. And remembering that there is an awful lot of difference between letting someone hurt you, and being powerless to stop them.
  7. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Yeah she tried to apologize but I kinda walked out. And no I didn't let him. Never. Not once.

I'm kind of torn because I'm 90% sure that this isn't even the right therapist for me. She makes therapy more anxious for me. I had to take her on when my old one left but I'm thinking about switching again. Idk... :(
  8. MisterBGone

Yes, that sound perfectly normal to me. And if they aren't fulfilling your needs, find someone that will. Good luck.
  9. storm

storm Well-Known Member

Thanks. :) I just feel like I have no guts to stand up to her and be're not doing your job so I need to find someone that will.
  10. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think you should change your therapist if possible. She's not treating you properly or she doesn't know hot to or incompetent.