Therapy...

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Asylum Project, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Asylum Project

Asylum Project Well-Known Member

After you go there does anyone else feel exhausted? I feel so tired after. It seemed like my therapist was getting frustrated with me, not opening up and trusting her idk...

2. aki

aki Well-Known Member

Yep, I do feel drained afterwards. And therapists always get frustrated with me, I don't talk enough. My therapist didn't talk or ask any questions this one session as a protest....that made me feel kind of bad :mellow:

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I know it's very common to feel drained because of the letting go.
    I am an exception I think. I usually feel generally energized after I go. I always feel like shit but Dori (my therapist) makes me feel good about myself.
    Shame she's expensive and I'm going to have to start seeing her less.

4. Jooper62

Jooper62 Well-Known Member

I see a councelor and i am so tired after wards because i go in different directions... I felt like i was fustrating her. I don't tell her my exact feelings i beat around the bush.. but i am getting better because i just started seeing her.. so next session I asked her point blank if i fustrated her she said no. She said it takes time and lots of hard work. And not for me to expect miracles right away..she said anytime i need to call her i can she gave me her number...Which i felt more comfort.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2008
  5. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I get exhausted as well, we're bring out things we have kept inside so its going to be tiring until we sort it out. I think mine is frustrated as i don't talk much and when things are hard to say i usually beat around the bush as Jooper does and recently she made me say it direct. I think it takes time to trust and know that what you are going to say is not going to make you feel worse in the long run.

6. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I actually feel much happier. But I laugh a lot whilst talking and get the therapist laughing as well. She told me off the other day for making her laugh whilst she was trying to talk about serious things.

7. music_junkie

music_junkie Well-Known Member

Psychotherapy is an emotionally draining process. Keep at it, eventually it pays off, promise.