Therapy...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Carcinogen, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

....is such a jammy job.

If you say something and they agree with you, then they're right. If they say something and they're wrong, then you're in denial, and they're still right. And they wonder why people want to hit them with hammers...

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time in therapy :dunno:

Maybe talk to your therapist about this? :hug:

3. Carcinogen

Carcinogen Well-Known Member

That was supposed to be: if they say something and you agree with them, then they're right.

I personally think I'm just not cut out for therapy. I don't really feel like I can talk to them, and whenever they do say anything and they're wrong, this problem occurs. It also probably doesn't help that I treat that silence thing they do as a competition...

Maybe I should just give up.

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

i know what you mean. it's like talking to a fucking brick wall and after two months of talking to a brick wall that didn't agree that i had a right to medical care, i gave up (i gave her a panic attack she tried to control the last session though when i showed her some letters i wrote).

i hear you, i've had a rough time with therapists (finding a good one) over the years and when i left it, i left it because i personally felt better and she wasn't helping me. but yeah, a lot of therapists from my experience, are very different but also can seem like they are not listening to talking from their own little throne.

what i'd suggest is voicing your concerns to your therapist and seeing how they react. i did this for 2 months and the reaction was the same so i left. but it's good to let them know how you feel about them and see if they will listen to you.