Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by triggs, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triggs

triggs Account Closed

i'm going to see my doctor tomorrow, to talk to him about going to a therapist.
    i'm scared
    but also kind of hopeful i guess.
    i just don't want to end up with some person staring at me, expecting me to just blurt out all these problems and do nothing. i guess i just don't know how they go about trying to help people and i sort of want a guarantee that it will help when really i know it might not.
    tonight i've gone through so many different scenarios in my head, of how it might go tomorrow, how i might react, whether i'll cry and whether i'll still just feel like taking XXXXXX.
    i don't want to fail at this too, like everything else.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Be yourself and reveal what you can about yourself and you will know you have done your best...J
  3. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

There is no failing on your part. They each have there own style I always gave a psychologist (they are the only ones I feel teach you how to get better and don't just sit there and listen like a plant. I always give it two tries and the see how i feel aout it.) It is not they fail or you fail it is just finding the right mix and feel so hang in there...remember they care and want to help.

take care B...and good luck
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2009
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Laura :hug:

Take it slowly,maybe write down how you're feeling and give it to your doctor. You can do this, I know you can!! Good luck honey, and I hope he can refer you to a therapist/counsellor :) Let us know how it goes!
    You can PM me anytime. :heart:
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think you will get alot from it Triggs. Your psychologist will guide you the first meeting is more an introduction getting to know your history and families history. Good idea to write down ahead of time any concerns or questions you have and hand it to dr Psychologist really care let us know how it goes okay
  6. triggs

triggs Account Closed

thanks everyone :) feeling a bit nervous today but sort of like i'm beginning a new chapter in my life... that sounds silly :laugh: my friend is coming with me for support so hopefully it will be okay x
  7. Grant

Grant Active Member

You're doing the right thing! This is part of getting better! :D
    Be happy. You've made this decision, and now this is something you CANNOT fail at. Its not possible. Just stay committed, and no matter how hard it is, TRY YOUR HARDEST TO FEEL BETTER. You'll do fine. I have faith in you! :)
  8. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:biggrin: thankyou grant
    means a lot xx
  9. triggs

triggs Account Closed

:( i wasn't able to get an appointment so i'm going to try again on monday
    really just disappointed now. i got myself all worked up and everything and there was no point
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.