therapy??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dink

I have an appointment with my therapist today and I don't want to go. She is going to be out of town for 3 week. Should I just blow off the appointment? I am tired. I haven't had much sleep and I will have to take the bus. KILL ME NOW!!

iv ducked out of my last 3 psychiatrist appoints, proberbly not the best thing for me, as i need to go to the psychiatrist to get the meds i need, its up to you go or no, only you can answer that question, if you feel you need to go then please go

dink

I went...for what it was worth. My therapist makes me feel worse. I guess the bad thing is that I am nimb every time that I go to see her. I don't know how to feel when I am around her. I told her that I feel like I am in The Wizard of Oz waiting for the curtain to be pulled back to reveal that there is no great and powerluf Oz. That I am alone to try and figure out what it is that I need to do next. And I have no idea. She wants me to talk and tell her what is going on inside of my head. But the dark things that go on there scare me...so how do I share them with her?

Hun,

until we can lower our protection walls, and let go of certain things it will get a little more comfortable and a little less dissociative.

How it is/was for me anyway.........hopefuly it gets a little easier soon, I will pray for you.

:hug: :flowers:

xxx
you'll be in my thoughts,
Carolyn.

claycad

But the dark things that go on there scare me...so how do I share them with her?
I am having the same problems with my therapist. I like her, she is very nice and supportive and makes me feel that she understands me. So far we have mainly discussed my problems with social anxiety, and a little about my thoughts of suicide but I go mute when she brings them up even though I want to talk with her about them so badly. I am in the process of writing my thoughts down and plan to give her what I write and hope that once she knows it will be easier for me to talk with her about them. Maybe writing about them and letting her read your thoughts would be easier then speaking them to her.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Hey Dink, I've also had trouble communicating to my therapist and can't tell him exactly that goes on in my head that what makes me so depressed.
Have you thought about writing out your feelings instead? In the comfort of your own home, freely write out your thoughts and feelings and present it to your therapist, it may help instead of talking to her face to face.

dink

Sometimes I write in a journal. But I haven't been able to in a while. I usually never go back and reread what it is that I write...but the thought of having it down in black and white scares me a little.

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
You said you have trouble talking to her right? I do too, I just freeze up and talk about unrelated junk, maybe you should try to put what you want to say to her in word form, write a letter to her or something like that instead of trying to talk to her and feeling all uncomfortable and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$255.00
Goal
$255.00