• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

There’s just no meaning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t feel anything anymore. I used to enjoy doing stuff, but now whenever I’m not working or sleeping I just stare into the distance, unmoving, unblinking. I would think I was dead but I have to go to work so that I can buy food so that I can live long enough to work so that I can buy more food to stay alive. There’s really no point to this is there? Why am I even doing this?

Daphna

Ninja of light
I don’t feel anything anymore. I used to enjoy doing stuff, but now whenever I’m not working or sleeping I just stare into the distance, unmoving, unblinking. I would think I was dead but I have to go to work so that I can buy food so that I can live long enough to work so that I can buy more food to stay alive. There’s really no point to this is there? Why am I even doing this?
Your life has meaning, and purpose. We all start out in life mimicking what we watch others do, and we make plans for ourselves in every way. In truth, we all just wing it. We have no idea what we are doing, and how could we? There are so many questions in life. I am going to tell you, I found the answers . Not some answers or other people’s opinions. I was given all the answers to every question I have ever had and then some. I found them all in the neglected book called the Bible. It may sound hard to believe, and I won’t lie; I would have questioned this myself at certain points in my life. But my choices led me nowhere, and nothing I planned ever worked out. The first step was admitting I have no idea what I am doing in this life. Then I prayed. I prayed for supernatural intervention. Here I am fifteen years later thriving with the knowledge and faith that I have acquired since that fateful day. I have complete inner peace because I now have an understanding higher than my own. I have outer peace because I am aware of what’s happening to me when I lose that peace. Most importantly I know that I am not alone and I do nothing on my own. I rely heavily on the trust that I gained on my new path of life.
I once felt dead inside. I once also suppressed and ran away from my problems. I used to deny everything in hope that my life would change. It didn’t. It wasn’t until I gave up my will, that I was given the direction I so desperately needed in my life. Only then, did I see and feel the changes I need to actually live my life.

Your life has meaning, and purpose. We all start out in life mimicking what we watch others do, and we make plans for ourselves in every way. In truth, we all just wing it. We have no idea what we are doing, and how could we? There are so many questions in life. I am going to tell you, I found the answers . Not some answers or other people’s opinions. I was given all the answers to every question I have ever had and then some. I found them all in the neglected book called the Bible. It may sound hard to believe, and I won’t lie; I would have questioned this myself at certain points in my life. But my choices led me nowhere, and nothing I planned ever worked out. The first step was admitting I have no idea what I am doing in this life. Then I prayed. I prayed for supernatural intervention. Here I am fifteen years later thriving with the knowledge and faith that I have acquired since that fateful day. I have complete inner peace because I now have an understanding higher than my own. I have outer peace because I am aware of what’s happening to me when I lose that peace. Most importantly I know that I am not alone and I do nothing on my own. I rely heavily on the trust that I gained on my new path of life.
I once felt dead inside. I once also suppressed and ran away from my problems. I used to deny everything in hope that my life would change. It didn’t. It wasn’t until I gave up my will, that I was given the direction I so desperately needed in my life. Only then, did I see and feel the changes I need to actually live my life.
I was raised Protestant. Never really understood it.

berryStraw

Not totaly useless,I can be uses as a bad example
I suppose noone really has any specific purpose in life, and thats the beauty of it. You can make your own purpose in life, want to eat the most popcorn in the world?! GO FOR IT (prob not healthy but whatever). Want to have tons of friends well go for it, im sure you could do anything life is a playground with some restrictions.

If ur not feeling anything then I would strongly suggest theraphy/medication/CBT (just found out about it yesterday so got no personal experience but it sounds like something that would work for me), im suggesting you those things because I dont think having a purpose will make you not feel empty. Here i am for example, im building a robot when I feel like it and that could be seen as a purpose (To make it the best and learn lots of stuff while doing it) but that alone doesnt make me contempt with life, even tho it might give a sense of purpose it wont make me feel stuff.

berryStraw

Not totaly useless,I can be uses as a bad example
Also you could try what im trying, cooking some nice dinner, I felt empty yesterday and till i started making it i felt empty but making something new and seeing what happens kinda helped.(just find a random recipie that looks nice and go for it ,doenst have to be even expensive to be nice). I mean thats something short term you could do. Also dont rely entirely on therapy and medications if ur taking any, they are meant to help but not 100% cure you, so if ur getting help, use it just as that "help", not a "cure". I know especially now its hard because of the lockdown but think about doing something once the lockdown is over, if u dont know what well I can suggest some things (personaly im doing kickbox and going to salsa classes)

Daphna

Ninja of light
I was raised Protestant. Never really understood it.
Then start fresh and pray for enlightenment and read the Bible for yourself. That’s what I did and it all makes sense. I also did this before trying to find a church home. I was leery of why there are so many splits. It was incredible with visions and revelations. Anyone can have these when they pray and seek the answers in the word.

Aurelia

I'm. Not. Like. You. I. Just. Fuck. Up.
Just wondering, which questions did you find the answers to and what were the answers?

So my massive realization was when I saw a butterfly outside my window, and I watched it for a minute or two and it landed on a fence. As I was watching it, I had a sudden shift in my understanding of everything.

I went to sleep, utterly uplifted. Everything could get better, and I was content.

I woke up, and I have no memory of what my realization was. I’m angry. Furious at myself for not writing it down.

Deety

SF Supporter
So my massive realization was when I saw a butterfly outside my window, and I watched it for a minute or two and it landed on a fence. As I was watching it, I had a sudden shift in my understanding of everything.

I went to sleep, utterly uplifted. Everything could get better, and I was content.

I woke up, and I have no memory of what my realization was. I’m angry. Furious at myself for not writing it down.
That sounds like an amazing experience to have had, sorry you can't recall what your realization was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$180.00
Goal
$255.00