There are no such things as friends

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Sakura, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

I sent this email to someone who I used to call 'best friend' last night, after not speaking to her in over 3 months:

And this was the reply I got:
    HARASSMENT?! I send 3 emails total, one every three months trying to patch up our friendship, and she says she's going to report me for harassment?

My God...I don't even know what to feel right now. I'm stunned into absolute shock. I can feel the tears pricking at my eyes, but I know that once they start I won't be able to stop...and I'm so tired of crying over people stabbing me in the back like this and hurting me...why do I have to keep living in this world and living this life, when things like this keep happening to me *can't fight the tears and starts crying my heart out*
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2010
  2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

:hug: Did you guys get in a fight 3 months ago or was this just out of the blue?
  3. vector_2eh

vector_2eh Member

Dump her and put an end to this "friendship".
    You will feel a lot better.
  4. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

*sniffs and accepts the hug*

As far as I know it's out of the blue. When I tried asking what it is I did wrong that's when she first told me that she would just delete any further messages.

I'm just kind of numb now. I have no future career-wise. I was dumped 3 weeks ago. And my last 'friend' has threatened to report me for simply asking what went wrong. It's all kind of this it? Is this what life all amounts to? The lucky ones get everything they want. Friends, money, great jobs, great lives. And if you're not one of the lucky few, your life is just shit and too bad that's all you get? There is no point or purpose to any of my very life. point at all...
  5. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

That must hurt so much! I guess your only option is to let go and move on. Sorry.
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

clearly she does not value your friendship she has moved on and you need to walk away from this okay. What friendship you had is now over so time to make a new friend one that will appreciate you kindness hugs
  7. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

*nods* I know what you all say is right. I'm just still numb right now. Trying to find the point in going on and not finding any...
  8. Soul of a Dragon

Soul of a Dragon Well-Known Member

Allright I will be your new friend then, a warning though... I am crazy sauce!
  9. Sakura

Sakura Well-Known Member

You're sweet, thanks.
  10. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

I think you're better off without her. With friends like that, you wouldn't need any enemies. There could be all sorts of reasons that she's behaving the way she is and not least of them is that she might have some sort of mental health thing going on.
    Its much more likely though that shes a user. She uses other people and then dumps them when she's had her fill. If you looked back at her history she's probably got a long line of people she has done this too.
    Bizarre behaviour but it takes all kinds to make a world. All you can do is move on. In the future though, if you ever meet anyone who reminds you of this woman, be very careful about them. Trust your instincts and don't become too close a friend until you've got to know them properly.
    Sometimes we meet odd people, it doesn't mean we've done something wrong.
    Try to stay strong and I hope the New Year brings lots of joy for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.