There can't be loving God

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Greenforest, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

If there is God who loves us, why it makes us suffer? Why has it created such evil beings as humans? Why does it make others suffer so much, but for others give no punishment when they make bad things and hurt others? Why are bad people allowed to have good full life without anything to stop them? They will smile when they die, but good people who just want to live in peace suffer.

There is no loving God, only some sadistic devil.

Peace.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Hun its cos of free will; but just remember 'what goes around comes around', the unfairness does come back on the wicked.

3. Greenforest

Greenforest Well-Known Member

I would really like to think that way, but I can't believe the ones who tormented me and gave me the worst feelings of my life could ever suffer as much as I've suffered. They may have some setback moments, but nothing that will make them want to commit suicide. They have been living full happy life and are still living, they are succeeding and going forward. They are no longer part of my life, but I still suffer from the wounds they made, and I fear my mind will be fucked up the rest of my life.

Fair world?

4. Terry

Yeah, but when they die..... I believe we are faced with every rotten (and good)thing we ever did. Have a read of Saved by the Light.

5. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Hi Greenforest,

God loves us so much that He allowed Jesus to be crucified for us. We can be saved by putting our faith in Jesus and living it out- and that includes being good to others, helping people who are hurting and suffering, loving our friends and the people who hurt us. There are people who do choose to hurt and exploit others; and just as bad is indifference to the suffering of others. God DOES expect us to give a damn about others and to help them, people who claim they follow Jesus and have an attitude of 'it's not my business to help' aren't really following Him.
    Service to Christ means loving and caring for and sacrificing for others. If you want to make a difference in teh world, I encourage you to give your life to Him. It will mean most likely more problems and pain and worries, but you will live out your life in a meaningful way and knowing that He is by your side. And in the end, you will enter Heaven and live in eternal joy after your service is complete.

Those who hurt and abuse and ignore and look down on others may be laughing now, but they will stop laughing when they face Jesus. They will learn that when they harmed the poor and the oppressed and the needy, they harmed Him. When they turned their backs on those in need, they turned their backs on Him. Hell will be their destination unless they repent.

Don't envy them. Choose instead eternal life in Jesus. He will work through you to help others, and He will reward you in the end.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

6. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Good post TG123.

Hello Greenforest,

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (King James Version)

Sometimes Greenforest, when I look at all the events (local & global) right now, it can appear that evil is triumphing. But when death comes, everyone has to give an account of their life to Almighty God. Those who spent their life drunk on power/wealth/murder/corruption/deceit/cruelty/adultery etc, will weep bitterly on that day.

You are correct - the devil does exist. There's an old saying:
    "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    If people acknowledged his malelovent existence, then perhaps they wouldn't be so easily manipulated by their own carnal desires.

However, God has existed, and will exist, for infinity. His Kingdom knows no bounds. Darkness can not comprehend light.... Light a candle in a dark room to view this on a personal scale. The world can be a gloomy place..... Jesus Christ is the light of the world. He is the messiah who physically resurrected from the dead to prove everything he said was true. You have free will to choose whether you accept his offer of eternal life.

All the best. mike25

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Well stated Mike25.

8. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

whats the point of free will if god is perfect and knows every thing and can all the best choises for us? he either created us knowing we would do evil intentionaly or hes evil.

9. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

It is my belief that we were created "hoping for the best" and when the worst came to pass, sending prophets to "call us back to the right way". This is such a touchy subject and so very open to interpretation. Just my opinion...

least

10. eddizle

eddizle Member

well i believe in a god but i think he has some serious flaws

for example how come god knows the difference between good and evil, if god had no knowledge of evil then they surely would be no problems in the world today. You might not understand what i mean but here is an example i see god as a parent and the devil as a child (the devil once was lucifer a favourite angel of god till he turned bad). Every child learns their behaviour from their parents, therefore the devil learned his behaviour from god. The devil became bad and fucked the world, is evil and problems in the world not a reflection of gods competence as a parent to the devil or lucifer who caused the world to be fucked???

either way i think god has a lot to answer for, i hold him personally responsible for every disaster and bad incident that occurs,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2007
  11. Adeline

Adeline Well-Known Member

Supposedly suffering is necessary so we can get to heaven. Thats what St. Therese of Lisieux maintained. The more suffering you endure the more God loves and believes in you....:unsure: though God will never give us beyond what we can endure....thats the theory of it anyway....but I don't know. God is loving and beautiful though.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I can entertain the idea of a God that created us, is beautiful and loves us etc. but why should God be all-powerful?

Maybe God sees the suffering in the world and loves us etc. but perhaps the simple truth is God can't do much about it?

13. TG123

TG123 Well-Known Member

Way to go, brother Mike25. Amen to everything you said. God bless you.

Cristo Vive!
    - Tomasz

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

Hi Greenforest,

God did not desire mechanical robots that would involuntarily and without emotion follow His commands. Instead, God passionately desires living souls on whom He can lavish His love, and with whom He can enjoy a meaningful, intimate relationship. God desires relationship with human beings. He wants friendship. He longs for a deep heart connect. For this purpose He created you.

What would dignify or give value to His love? How would you know His love was genuine?

In order for His love to be real, and in order for your love to be authentic, He created you with the freedom to choose. That’s right! You have the freedom to choose. He will never force you to say yes to Him. He created you with great dignity and worth. You have the freedom to choose to receive His love or to reject His love. God honors the choices you make. He will never violate the dignity of your free will. Remember, love is not real love without a choice. Love is not real love without the freedom to say yes or the freedom to say no to love’s invitation.

Therefore, the temptations in this natural world had to be real.

The choices had to be real. You will choose good or evil, righteousness or unrighteousness, justice or injustice. You have the freedom to love or to hate, to live in peace or strife, to choose life or death, to say yes or no, to be happy or sad, to pursue humility or pride, to choose blessing or cursing. It’s your choice to give love, or to withhold love, to respond with harshness or with gentleness. It’s your choice! You get to choose. And, the choices you make in freedom are real and really matter. The choices you make have consequences in this life and the next. The decisions you make today affect the quality of your life now and in the age to come. Every one of your choices matter.

15. Jawa

Jawa Guest

The Bible was written by man, and edited by man. Read some parts of the Bible and God is a spiteful bastard. Read other parts of it and He is this all loving spirit.

If you read the Bible, you will see that God never help people. He teaches people to help themselves and each other.

16. Terry

A lot of the contradicitons come from there being 2 testaments. As Jesus came to put the first one right hence giving us the new testament this is what gives us the contradicitions.
    Personally I much prefer "love one another" over "an eye for an eye".

17. Jawa

Jawa Guest

I think you'll find there's more to it than that. :rolleyes:

18. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

Your a liar. If your omnipotent god was real and wanted to have a relationship with eveyr human being he would be able to nothing could stop him. the bible is bullshit. dont buy-bull. You people are better at condeming people rather than actually helping them. Im tired of you fuckers trying to make people feel guilty for every mistake they make. whats the point of free will if god is perfect and knows every thing and can all the best choises for us? he either created us knowing we would do evil intentionaly or hes not all loving or he doesnt exist. Satan was a failure, one third of his angels were failures, adam and eve were failures and every fricken human is a failure in your gods eyes. When he is the one who perfectly designed them. I guess satan inherited his fathers egotism lawl!

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

We are the ones who choose whether we want to have a relationship with God. He made us for relationship! So, He's in. But, you and I have to make that choice because GOD IS LOVE, and LOVE IS NOT love without the freedom to choose LOVE. Its your choice.

I am not here condemning ANYONE. Its not my right, place, or desire. I only want you to know that God loves you and you can't change that fact. You can only choose to reject or embrace His love for you. You can choose to enter into a relationship or you can choose to not have a relationship with God. Its your choice.

No one condemns us....our lifestyle, the choices we make, and how we Choose to live our lives is what ultimately determines where you will spend eternity...its your choice.

Free will demands that we have the freedom to choose...this is what real love does...it gives us the freedom to choose. He created us with this amazing nobility to choose. We choose life or death. We choose heaven or hell. We choose how we will spend our time, and money. We choose where we want to live. We choose. God did not want robots...He wants RELATIONSHIP. This requires the freedom of choice.

Now, you choose!

20. poison

poison Well-Known Member

Mods: can you please delete this post?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.