There is no more hope left!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Hatebeingasian, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have overcome a lot of things in my life, and have endure it for many years, but when will it end? Right now, probably never. If anyone follow my story I was diagnosed with social anxiety which eliminate any chance for me to make friends or keep the friends I had. I went through HELL, and couldn't wait till this year to make friends.

I still have no friends as a sophomore and all hope seem to be loss. This is the worst scenario that I couldn't possibility imagine because I no longer have social anxiety. I join several club and even went to several fraternity rush, but in the end for some reason I didn't make it into the fraternity, which destroy most of my hope. Yet I continue to stride for another way to make friends, thus I join club, say hi to my floor mates, greet them, attend all meeting, and yet time fly by and to no avail. I open my room door daily yet no one come in and say hi. These people aren't friendly, complete opposite of last year freshman. I was a FOOL to ever think it would be the same.

I am the lonely, desperate, and miserable. There is no sign that point to hope, and my only future is to survive college for all 4 years without any friend, because it seem to late now. Everyone has friends, and since the freshman move in 1 week before everyone else, they already made friends. Right now I'm sitting in the lounge pass midnight, while outside 2 girl, 5 boys are sitting in a circle talking and having fun. Oh how I wish I was there.

Guys I done everything, I introduce myself to at least 20 people, but no one want to be my friends.

Bluey and everyone else please if u have any suggestion or advice, let me know NOW!!!!! I done everything and I am not sure what else is there to do. If things goes bad I will either transfer school or drop out, as now I could care less about my future.

This is serious, please respond immediately

2. Minni

Minni Member

Ok, now just calm down. I know finding real friends is a real hard thing. I've gone through it myself in order to find the real me and the people who are willing to accept the real me. It's not easy and really lonely to go around looking for someone who wants to be with you. But you need to remember one thing: It's better to have no friends than to have fake friends. I know this phrase sounds really cliché but it's the truth. You won't gain anything of wrong friendships.
    Now, how to find real friends? First of all you have to find yourself. Who do you want to be? Do you feel comfortable the way you are right now? Maybe you want to change your looks first. A new hair cut? New clothes? New style? Build up your confidence first and don't care about what other people might think of you. Don't let them get to you. Only then will you be strong and with this strength other people will approach you. If you start to love yourself other people will be drawn to you. Friendship should be part of your life but never replace your life with friendship!
    Learn to love yourself first and everything will follow.
    If you want to hear a full story about how I got to this conclusion PM me. ^^
    You will realize that we're not that different. ^^

Yours,
    Minni.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey HateBeingAsian,
    What happen to the friends from last year? Didn't they advance with you? I agree with Minni about changeing your look. You Know personality plays a big part in this. Be yourself just don't go around all grouchy because people pick up on that and will avoid you. Also don't go the other way either. Don't be overbaring, people will also pick up on that and think you are stuck up!!
    as the year goes by you will meet different people. Don't be impatient, Let life flow by itself. Stay Strong!!!~Joseph~

4. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

As stranger and minni have pointed out, things change. Don't think this is how it will always be. It won't. Trust me, you'll see :)

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Firstly, let me make sure I honor the sadness you feel...Secondly, social anxiety is not a terminal disease...it is a condition, sometimes very effectively treated by medication, and/or talk therapy...there are ways to break the social exchange into more manageable steps, building up to successful social interactions...if you are truly interested in talking about this, I am available...then, please PM me ... best regards, J

6. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

As much as I hate admitting it, this statement is very true.

That aside, I don't have any other advice to give you. Friendships are like plants, you have to take care of them and make them grow by "watering" them everyday.

7. Vitreledonellidae

Vitreledonellidae Well-Known Member

Chris *hug Just be yourself, i think your freaking awesome, i would be your friend, tho lol probly you wouldnt wanna be mine :tongue: Anyway Im going to think of an advice, maybe you should look around better. For me it feels like you focuss too much on the groups, the people who you wanna be, look around for people who sit alone, try to make contact with them. I pretty much agree with what the rest said. You know you can always contact me, I know how you feel. But im too freaking scared to try. So what youre doing now is really impressive, admiring :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.