There is no need to kill yourselves.

• Thread starter 72lettersinmyname
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

72lettersinmyname

You are simply a victim of a society which lacks any rituals and fundamental faith. Instead of offing yourself, why not make your way to South America and be adopted into a tribal culture? This is a much more productive and fulfilling way of "living the rest of your life."

You don't need to believe that you have any point or purpose or role in life except as a part of nature, because really you don't. Whining and killing yourself is committing the ultimate betrayal of yourself.

Moral of the story: tribal life will make you happy.

LetItGo

Staff Alumni
Im not sure about moving to South America, but id definately like to move somewhere a little less macho and sports obsessed. Id like to live in Japan, the U.S, U.K or Canada for a while...im sick of Aus.

In terms of lifes purpose....perhaps its just enjoy the time you have? Thats about the only meaning ive found so far..but unfortunately I dont live up to that ideal.

Will

Staff Alumni
I don't think these are serious ideas. But I can't stop you from playing around with people's minds on here. Only a moderator can stop you, but that's up to them.

But if you have to know, these are people with mental distress. There isn't any 'whining'. The way you're talking, I would think you don't understand how much pain some people have gone through. You're telling people to be motivated with ideas (that are ridiculous) but motivation isn't a forte of people who are in this condition.

T

the_dream

dang nicely said xybll hah i wish i cloud have you do all the explaining for my life

yada

Ditto...well put xiybill. I had a close relative kill herself some years ago and wondered what could've been going through her head to do something this drastic. I always kept an open mind though that she had to have a good reason since she was very intelligent and very aware of things. But now I'm in a state that has completely transformed me, and it's something I never felt before. People who haven't felt this way really don't understand. It's not just "in my head" and I can't easily just up to shake it off.

72lettersinmyname

Your incredible emotional trauma is at its root whining against the law of nature though. If you are offended by my words take it more lightly.

Will

Staff Alumni
I'm not offended by your words, but your intentions.

You can try and blame this on the 'laws of nature', but what you really don't understand, is that this is nature. Suicide is just the result of the feelings. It's when a person's coping resources are wasted down, and there is no other way of subsiding pain.

If you know anything about depression, you'll know that the mind is clouded, and people can't make good decisions. It's an effect, and suicide is the answer people use. We're only trying to rermedy it, and find other ways to heal people and help them.

T

TiredAndAlone

Your incredible emotional trauma is at its root whining against the law of nature though. If you are offended by my words take it more lightly.
I am offended by your words. Who are you to call my pain 'whining'? You can't take anything lightly on the forum. Go away. :sad:

smackh2o

SF Supporter
You have a point though. We all 'whine' about things in life (and death). But there is a huge difference between whining because your still hungry after eating and whining because you have nothing to eat and are starving.
Depression means that a person has nothing they feel is good in their lives so they should whine all they like because it's the only way people will listen. You wouldnt tell a person who have just had their arms broken to stop screaming would you?

72lettersinmyname

I'm not offended by your words, but your intentions.

You can try and blame this on the 'laws of nature', but what you really don't understand, is that this is nature. Suicide is just the result of the feelings. It's when a person's coping resources are wasted down, and there is no other way of subsiding pain.

If you know anything about depression, you'll know that the mind is clouded, and people can't make good decisions. It's an effect, and suicide is the answer people use. We're only trying to rermedy it, and find other ways to heal people and help them.
So why again are you against my initial post?

Will

Staff Alumni
I have a problem with it because it seems to me you're makinf a joke of everyone's feelings here, you're just technical with it. A few steps up from the one-line trolls that usually are around.

I don't think I need to argue anymore with your 'forceful logic'. I gave you the answers that you needed.

72lettersinmyname

I have a problem with it because it seems to me you're makinf a joke of everyone's feelings here, you're just technical with it. A few steps up from the one-line trolls that usually are around.

I don't think I need to argue anymore with your 'forceful logic'. I gave you the answers that you needed.
I don't understand how you could possibly deduce that I am "makinf a joke" out of anything.

Please realise, 72letters, that here, people need to given support, not told that a '' tribal life '' is the answer, just because it is for you, it isn't necessarily for others.

Please bear this in mind when you post.

Members here, do not also, whine. They are using this forum as a place to vent their frustrations and tell us their problems, to get it off their chests, to help get support and insight into a problem, or emotion they are going through.
To be told that we '' whine '' is hurtful. Maybe you should consider that when you post again?

Abacus21

Last edited by a moderator:

_nu

i understand what is good about a tribal life, sure. free from all these necessities yada yada, and to simple living. but still, i dont know if thats possible for a lot of people. sometimes, people are physically unable to become happy. their brain it just "not right", and sometimes, how people think just makes them sad (developemental stuff). generally, i feel that if i were merely conscience, no brain, i would be "happier".. but idk. personally, i really would like to give the hunter-gatherer lifestyle a try. and maybe i can some day. at least that would be a "better" escape than suicide.

am I alive

You are simply a victim of a society which lacks any rituals and fundamental faith. Instead of offing yourself, why not make your way to South America and be adopted into a tribal culture? This is a much more productive and fulfilling way of "living the rest of your life."

You don't need to believe that you have any point or purpose or role in life except as a part of nature, because really you don't. Whining and killing yourself is committing the ultimate betrayal of yourself.

What a fucking rituals and faith, are you a medicine man, what tribe you are coming from?

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
I think some of the semantic breakdown can be contributed to cultural differrences...72 letter was saying that tribal life may be an alternative...yes, his choice of words my not have expressed the most empathetic position (e.g. whining) ...72, tribal life for me is neither practical nor something that I can consider ...I am a business woman from New York City, and I really cannot see myself changing in that way...I was not too fond of the Brownies, a tribe that sold lots of cookies...but maybe there is something about tribes that you can see being a part of other ppl's lives to improve how they are...Jackie

smackh2o

SF Supporter
It's a nice idea though. I'm sick of society because it seems so overdeveloped. It would be a nice change to matter to the system for once. I try my best when i work (i garden) but it just feels like i don't matter. To be part of a system where each individual depended on all the others like a tribe would be a real comfort. You can become lost in the tide of society and no one would even known youde died until the stench carried.

I think you <Mod edit: Abacus21 - insulting> your talking about.

sending no love, Songie

This is the most stupid post I've ever read here ... :laugh:

What a load of crap, i think you should really consider what your saying, saying people are whining is BANG OUT OF ORDER. No one forced you to join this site,and if you don't like this so called 'whining' why bother staying here. Every single person here has or has been suicidal and depressed and i don't think its fair for you to judge us and say we're 'whining'

And regarding joining a bloody tribe. what the heck has anyones life here got to do with you, what we choose to do with our life has no impact on you. Until you realise what its like to wake up every day wanting to not be here, feeling worthless, feeling liek everyone is far better than yourself then i think you should keep your opinions to yourself.

All this thread of yours has done, is offend and possible trigger members, which in the emotional state their in right now they don't need! Think about what you post in a forum like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00