There must be a cure

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nesscold, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nesscold

Nesscold New Member

There must be a cure for this constant apathy, lack of motivation, depression and sense of worthlessness. I don't see any particular reason but every downfall I endure only makes me less motivated to the point where I merely feel anything but emptiness and melancholia. It's been a while - kind of like 2 years already. I don't really know what could help me.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Nesscold Have you talked to your gp lately got some blood test done just to rule out medical reasons why you are so down hun.
    Thyroid potassium might be out or just low hemoglobin
    Are you on medication for depression i found that the meds helped a bit with therapy added on.
    It would be good to talk to someone to get some support for you okay hugs

3. Nesscold

Nesscold New Member

I don't use medication. I suppose having in mind that I'm not of age there's not really a possibility of using any. I have talked to a friend but it didn't help at all. Actually, I've felt more distant from my friends and family recently. They're here, but I don't feel the bond and closeness I did before. Maybe I'll go and ask my gp about this sometime I guess.

4. lifeless84

lifeless84 Well-Known Member

do not want to be hypocritical, so I won't put a fals hope in you. Sorry to say, but there is no cure. sad and cruel, but true. If there was, there wouldnt't be so many ppl on this forum, there wouldn't be so many ppl commiting suicide every day. I've been in this condition for about 12 years, and all I wait for, is death atm, as I am too weak to end it on my own

5. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

I am still praying that one day SOON there will be a cure. Imagine all the people that could be saved from other illnesses if people with depression had the opportunity to reach their full potential?? There could be some brilliant scientists out there that will never achieve what they are capable of because of this stupid bloody illness. I hate it. I hear you lifeless84 I have been like this so long. I don't even know how to feel happy any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.