There really is no point to live...

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ItsNotTrue, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ItsNotTrue

ItsNotTrue Member

What's so great about life huh? Whoever said we work to live?? that's bullshit and everyone knows it because the truth is, we live to work. All we do is work long ass hours taking up our whole day. We finish late when the sun is going down and all that's left is to eat dinner, watch some tv and go to bed, ready to work the whole next day again. How is that a good life? We get a few lousy days off in the year for a vacation. ITS PATHETIC. our lives are revolved around working. we work to get paid, but we spend our wages mostly on bills bills and bills.

HOW IS THIS FUN? We do this until we're old, when our bodies are becoming weak and when we're nearing deaths doorstep. I just don't understand how life has a purpose when it's mostly made up of working every day of our lives and are ever hardly to have fun and do enjoyable things in life that we should be able to experience.

Life sucks. I hear heaven is a blast though. I don't understand why more people aren't opting for it.

2. christian_1990

christian_1990 Well-Known Member

yeah but all that is nothing to compared to mental illness and disorders....be glad if you are just depressed or going tru a crisis

3. DownInAHole

DownInAHole Active Member

1. I so wish life were different.
    2. I'm pissed that I was born.
    3. I'm glad I didn't reproduce.

4. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

The best thing about any of my jobs has been the people I've met there. I've made some really cool friends out of my co-workers and that's what kept me showing up for work even when it was the most boring, soul-sucking days imaginable.

I think any job can be fun if you can make a game out of it, like pretend it's a video game with really good graphics, or see if you can set a record for speediness. Also, I don't know how many hours you have to work a day (hopefully only 8) but there is still time in the day to do things you love, and of course there's always the weekend. Take some time to do something you love or that you always wanted to do.

5. Right U R Ken

Right U R Ken Well-Known Member

From who?

6. shades

shades Staff Alumni

You could be basically correct, but you should read "Tuesday's With Morry"sp?

About a dying teacher (true story by the way, which you can read in about 1-2 days.) giving his final lessons to his student, who at that time must have been in his mid to late 30's. The student, and writer for the book is Mitch Albom.

O.K. The reason I mention this is because, his insight about life and how to live it and especially how to alter the perception of your own life hits on this very issue.

I think you may be surprised at how easily you may be able to control your life and have plenty of time to do the things you want to. Morry goes to great lengths to expound upon what one can do to make their lives much better with just a few changes. In fact, he basically implies that it's the only way to survive and actually have a life.

If you are interested, send me a pm, and I'll try and remember, but if worse comes to worse, I'll re-read it and give you the details.

7. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

shades..great read..I need to reread that myself and highly recommend it to itsnottrue as well.Sounds like you are where we all end up at some point,questioning what your life is for.You are not defined by your job but by what is inside you...and nothing there to stop you from having goals still.Look for a job you may enjoy more.It is better to like your job than it is to be stressed out.Find a hobby.Challenge yourself to expand your horizons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.