There's always that period of innocence...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Will, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

There was always that period of innocence, happiness, atlleast to some extent.

Curious,

what was everyone's first thing that drove them to be depressed? What do you think started the long road that you've walked?

Example, maybe something as simple as being left out someday at school, or complicated as misunderstood emotions.

Just want to hear everyone's first blow to their heart.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

I was 7 and so afraid to this day would rather not say why. :sad:

3. mommyssad

mommyssad Antiquitie's Friend

I was raped when I was 19. That's how I lost my virginity. I was so sure, I would be a virgin when I married. But I guess since I never married, no big deal, huh?

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

I guess it crept up on me slowly over 10 years, lots of little things happened and I kept telling myself over and over that they simply didn't matter, they weren't worth dealing with or worth talking about and just best simply ignored. Then one day I looked at my life and realised what a mess I turned out to be.

There's a Buddhist quote about if you are shot by an arrow you don't spend time asking who shot it or which direction it came from, you simply remove it, so I see no point in trying to analyse the past, wishing things could have been different or filling my mind with regret or sorrow. All I can do is think about how I can make tomorrow a better day.

5. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I guess I wish I could just hear everyone's story. It's interesting to get to know everyone...

Sounds like alot of things come from all different fields. Kind of makes you notice that it doesn't matter where you come from, there are just so many ways to get depressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.