There's no one to help

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ignored, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Saw a psychiatrist yesterday who apparently looked bewildered (so said my support worker, cos I didn't look at her). I explained exactly how I felt, left no detail uncovered. She had no clue what to do so sent me away til next Tuesday between which time some sort of miracle is going to occur... apparently! :dry:

My support worker who has been great this week just said she feels totally out of her depth. Well me too, hun! :sad:

And saw my gp who just kept on saying it will get better. Really. Are you sure, cos I'm not!!

No one seems to realise that this could well be it. I'm at the end of my rope and I've pretty much decided that if I don't get some help this pm then I'm going to disappear. I don't know if that means to never come back or just to try and get my head straight, but I can't carry on like this, I just can't. :sad:
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I don't really know waht to say to this post. It seems your doctors are a bit clueless. I don't want to see you go away because you are an assest to this place and to the world around you whether you see it or not. If you need to talk feel free to PM me. I should be around a bit longer, then will be on tonight as well.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Ignored,

Is there any way you get be referred to another doctor?

Your GP saying that things will get better is her trying to make you stay positive, whether you want to believe her or not is your choice, but at the end of the day we all need to stay positive to believe we can get better and start working towards it :arms:

I'm always here if you need to talk xx
  4. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

Ultimately the drs aren't the problem here... I am! You cannot fix that which is broken beyond repair I suppose. Anyway, my social worker has gotten me into respite for the weekend. I have to be honest, a part of me was really disappointed as if she hadn't managed it I could have had the excuse I want to just finish it. I suppose I'll see what happens next week now... :dry:
  5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Ignored,
    I think being an idiot is a requirement to be a shrink. I don't have much faith in what they have to say... I rely more on my therapist. At least she is very straight forward and says whats on her mind. She always says if you don't like it theres the door. I like her alot.
    I hope you going to respite helps to clear your head so you can reevaluate your thoughts. I was going to go back in the hospital a month ago but because I have augoriphobia and anxiety I couldn't walk out the door. Even though I knew I would get help there I just couldn't do it. Please keep your appointment, it sounds like you already have the faith in the place!!! Take Care!!~Joseph~
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.