There's something wrong with me

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by midnightstar, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

What does it mean if everything goes black and you can't see but you're still standing up? I'll admit I didn't have the light on but there was a bit of light coming through the window but for a few minutes or seconds I couldn't even see that - maybe there's something wrong with my brain Idk :unsure:

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Sometimes you get a postural drop in blood pressure when you stand up too quickly but it quickly resolves itself.

3. Glittery

Glittery Member

that always happens to me when i sit up or stand up too quick! i think its to do with lack of blood to brain?

4. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

I'd already been stood up for several minutes before it happened

5. suzy

suzy Well-Known Member

are you able to look it up online? have you received yours sight back since you seem to be typing i thought you might have...

i dont know maybe you're both tired and prond to headaches... though this isnt what i am used to hearing before a headache

6. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I have had something similar occur to me, when I was about 17 years old, when I went to one of those old Time Zone arcade places with a friend, and after spending only ten minutes or so in there on the games, my friend remarked to me that I was looking rather pale and moments later, my field of vision clouded over so that all that I could see was a stiticy-white, like you see on a television that has not been tuned to any channel, leaving me effectively blind and unable to stand properly. I literally had to ask my friend to grab my arm and guide me out of the arcade because I did not where I was going or what was going on, but a few minutes after we got outside and far enough away from the place, my vision returned to normal and I was perfectly fine after that.
    More than likely, it had been the result of all of the bright lights of the arcade games and music in the arcade place that triggered that effect on me, and has not happened since, as I have never gone back to any arcade place since then. It could well be possible that something like that happened with you as well, although triggered by something else that was going on at the very minute you began to experience those effects you described, as light and noise does have an effect on some people, much like others get severe headaches and migraines because of electronic equipment and electromagnetic fields that permeate the air all around us, because they are sensitive to such things.

7. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Midnightstar, only a doctor can diagnose you, and a doctor would want to see you in person to do that, not give an online opinion. Seeing a doc is the only way to make sure you're all right.

On a more reassuring note, blacking out momentarily can happen, as Butterfly said, if we stand up too quickly. I've also had migraines for years, and sometime migraine auras give me similar effect.

Still, the only way for YOU to be sure is to see a doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.