There's this guy I like...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Petal, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

He is around the same age as me(26), he doesn't have a girlfriend,we played tennis together when we were just kids, he frequents my mom's pub, I really fancy him but don't know if he has any feelings for me, how do I about asking him out? He's a respectable nice guy, I usually go for bad guys but I think this guy is really nice. I was thinking of asking my sister to ask him out for me. What should I do, i would like a date with him!!

2. dax

dax Well-Known Member

Hmm, there's multiple things you can do here. Converse with him, perhaps ask him if he'd like to play tennis? Then if its a yes, go out to eat afterwards.... which would probably be the slow way to approach things. Have sister help you out. Or just ask him yourself. I'm probably not too helpful here, but I think you have a good chance.

3. Petal

I just got his number off of my brothers girlfriend and text him asking him does he want a game of tennis rofl.... idk if he will reply but will be delighted if he does.

4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Aww. This looks promising. Good luck!

5. Petal

He text me back this morning and said he is working a lot but will be available to play tennis next week or the week after. I don't know if he took the hint I fancied him, I just text back saying that's great, i'll look forward to it.

6. Prinnctopher's Belt

Next week or the week after?! :O My god, does he have time to EAT at least? Does he believe in lunch or he has to wait two weeks for that, too? Its the weekend, whats he up to? Got some time to grab pizza?

7. Petal

Maybe it was just a nice respectful rejection? I am not bothered if it was at least I put myself out there and tried.

8. Prinnctopher's Belt

Or he genuinely believes you only want to play tennis and he needs to practice or something if hes self conscious.

Ask if he wants to catch up over pizza over the weekend. If he flakes on that too then you know.

9. Petal

Yeah...if he wants to play tennis I will play tennis (it's the only sport i am any good at lol) that will be fun and then I will ask him does he wanna go for food etc.. If he doesn't want to get involved then maybe we could be friends at least, I'm not a fussy person!

I will take some time to think of my next move lol

10. Northern

Northern SF Supporter

Good luck my friend :)

11. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I hope you have a wonderful time next week.

12. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

How did it go?

13. Petal

He has not contacted me since. I'm not going to be pushy and ask him again, thinking now it was a ''nice'' respectful rejection.

14. Koji

Koji Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Petal.

15. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Thats a good way to look at it.

16. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I agree with drownedfishonfire, that's such a positive attitude. I think it's his loss..

17. Petal

So I met him tonight in moms bar and I messed it up but I think it is GOOD, YAY. I was talking about it in chat so I will copy/paste as im too tired to write it alll out again

[Petal] i asked him by text about 2 weeks ago did he wanna play tennis(we played as kids, i have no intention of playing tennis i want an actual date*lol *)
    [Petal] so tonight i asked him did he have a gf
    [Petal] he said no
    [Petal] i said you should have you are a great person
    [Petal] he said pffff you should have one too
    [Petal] i said will you go on a date with me? (embarrrassed)
    [Petal] he said sure we'll play tennis*

LOL I was too embarrassed to ask for the date again so we left it as that. Should I text him tomorrow and ask for an actual date as he definitely seemed up for it or is that too pushy? I will admit i looked tonight, wearing nice clothes and had my hair dyed freshly and make up done =)

18. Prinnctopher's Belt

Neh. Youve done enough. He should be calling to follow up on where, what time, etc. Youve been the only one interested in spending time together. He doesnt seem interested.

I wouldnt put any stock in it if he doesnt at least call to talk or something. Guys say all kinds of stuff when theyre just trying to be nice, then regret it later. I wouldnt have even asked him a second time to go out.

19. Petal

:( :( :(

As much as I feel sad now, I think you are right. He should be doing the chasing. I will wait and see does he ring or text but won't depend on it.

20. Petal

I feel really stupid now.