theropists.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Juliaa, Dec 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

the first few times i went to my theropist it was cool, we kind of bonded, wierdly. ahah. but my last session was wierd, idk, it seemed like he didn't care about me at all, only about his job.
    maybe he was just pissed becuase my mom wouldn't shut the hell up and disagreed with everything he said.
    it made me feel like shit, he didn't even say goodbye or good luck, or anything.
    god, i'm such a wimp. idk,
    i faked sick last time i was supposed to go because i don't feel the need to talk to someone who doesn't give a fuck about me,
    i'm kind of dreading tomorrow, which is my next session, :[

2. Milton

Milton Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is your mum in the sessions with you? It sounds like an especially bad idea if she's disrupting the proceedings. And I'd say it was much more likely he was pissed off about her than at you.

3. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

That's got to be disappointing.:wink:

4. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I am beginning to think therapy is a bunch of crap and we have to get over the issues our selves, if therapy was done right, like done as a government service for the people then I think it would be far more effective, but I think nowadays most therapists just want to keep their clients so they get their appoinment books filled and they get the paychecks coming in

It really sucks to because I really needed to see a shrink about 8 months ago and I was denied because I had no health insurance and didnt want to pay $100 an hour

I think most therapists nowadays like to drag their clients problems out, or they just dont care, or they take some delight in seeing them miserable, I dont trust most therapists, I say this as someone who is currently seeing a therapist

5. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

oh i was by myself the whole time until like 10 minutes was left and she came in so they could discuess me, i guess.

mhm :[

yeah, i'm just glad my parents aren't paying for this, i agree with you :/

6. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Well-Known Member

The therapists I've seen are a little too inscrutable to really say.

7. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Yeah that's my experience with them snake oil salesmen...and of course some are very unethical. You can really find the same stuff that you get from a therapist online there's places in the links area that has online therapy.

8. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

How did today's session go hun? :hug:

9. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

In my experience, it's best to be up front and tell them that you were upset and why. Sometimes we get the wrong end of the stick (and I speak as an expert here! lol) and what we interpret as them being off with us isn't that at all. They always appreciate being told how sessions have left you feeling... if they don't know they can't explain or fix it!

10. Juliaa

Juliaa Well-Known Member

it went pretty good, i had my sister to go in with me, she made me feel more comfortable, and she's also in college majoring in pshycology so it was good for her too.

yeah, i'm gonna have to believe you here, lol

11. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Glad you had a better experience this time :)
    Don't give up. Long-term therapy can be very beneficial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.